Lolos

Feeling really sad

Hey all,

I am having a really rough day :-( I was fine for 2 weeks after surgery. I was still on holidays and then my Mum was visiting and we were out doing fun things together and I was happy. Come week 3 and I have been feeling really down all week and am really struggling. Did anyone else find the blues hit them around this time? Today has been ridiculous. I am an emotional wreck and can't snap out of it.

I think it is a combo of post holiday blues and post seeing my mum blues, plus I'm feeling disappointed with my new boobs and wishing I had gone bigger. I think maybe it has hit me now because the swelling has gone down. Also I saw my best friend on the day that I was 2 weeks post op and she couldn't see any difference. I always wore bras with padding so she didn't know exactly how small I was pre op...but I want to be bigger than I was with a padded bra on because even then, I felt small.

I have been reflecting on my consultation and wish I could go back and change it (which I know is a waste of energy). I had photos of what I liked on my tablet and never even got them out. Dr B never asked me what I wanted to achieve and if I wanted big, or natural etc. I just tried on sizes and profiles and then had to pick. I know it should be my decision, but I wish I had been given a professional opinion on how to achieve the look I wanted

The most that was said was that if I went mod + 350cc I would be able to see and feel the implant on the side. I am now thinking why didn't I try larger implants with a high profile instead of choosing the 325cc in mod +. High profile is narrower isn't it, so it wouldn't have been visible on the side. I wish the option was suggested to me.

I feel awful that my fiance and I have spent all of this money and I am not happy. I don't want to complain too much to him because I don't want him to feel disappointed as well.

Any tips on how to snap out of this horrible mood?

Naww... I just had a look at ur pics and without knowing what u were before you look great but that means very little if ur unhappy with the result!

Its only early days still... give it more time to settle etc and then reassess it! Hopefully when they d&f like ppl mention here you will be happier with the result!

Lolos, I get depression too, I have had it for years. I find that my worst enemy is excitement or anticipation. I think it is something to do with adrenaline. When I anticipate something I get all anxious or my adrenaline gets up high and then later it crashes as though I have no adrenaline left.

That is when I get depressed. I don't want to do anything but sit on the couch or go  out just to eat cake and carbs.

The best thing I can suggest is to move. 

By that I mean move your muscles or walk outside in the sun.  If you don't feel up to going out yet or walking, any time you spend sitting you need to tense and relax all of your muscles until you feel bu.........ed. (tired). Sip water too as it helps move your blood and feel good hormones through your body.

This will help your feel good hormones get made in your body. Try not to eat carbs, but good protein instead. 

As far as your boobs go, could you put a note up on the calendar for a date in a week or two and not allow yourself to think of them until then. Maybe even try not to spend lots of time looking at them in the mirror. 

Maybe instead, do some things that are good for your body to look after it. Have nice showers, buy yourself some special makeup or toiletries.

Ge gentle with yourself, your body does not know you had surgery, it thinks you have been sick or damaged. 

I hope some of this fits with you. Tell people how you feel, even your boyfriend.

You can put in a disclaimer by saying "just right now, I feel...............it might not last, but I am quite down just now and need some extra kindness and understanding".

"It will probably pass so dont worry about me, I just need you to know".

What I forgot to write in was that you were producing a lot of adrenaline for weeks and weeks with the excitement and now that adrenaline is gone and the surgery is over your poor ol' body might not know how to act. 

So you need to be kind to it and settle it  down and be gentle with it. 

Give yourself a couple of weeks before you think about the size of the implants again. Your body and mind might be in need of a good rest and some tender lovin care.

Also, ask your boyfriend or a friend to give you a little bit of help organising some good food for yourself. Lots of green par-cooked veggies and good quality beef, fish or chicken or beans if you are vege. 

Bright colourful salads with lots of crunch, seeds your favourite fruits. 

It can be hard to eat right when You are down, so this is a practical thing to do that might help lift your body and your spirits.

it's good self care. Maybe you could make up enough for a few days so you can be sure you are eating well. Maybe a tasty sweet curry as well.

did you take any pre-op photos? I think if you compared to pre-op you'd feel better. Especially if you look at your new boobies in things like low cut, cleavage revealing things. Most girls I've spoken to who have hit this too small scare around the same time as you are now. And ALL of them said when they d&f its like they went back up a size! If it helps, when I look at your pics i'd say you're a large C to D cup at the moment and its only three weeks! Make sure you're not comparing oranges and apples too. Some girls compare photos of themselves in bikinis post op to photos in padded push up bras with chicken fillets pre op.
Don't let this get you down, they are amazing!

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling like this. I wish I knew what to say but I'm kinda in the same boat too & I haven't told hubby how disappointed I am with the results because we spent so much money on it and I don't wat him to feel bad.

All I can say is it ia only early days and they will change a lot with time. Just see how much changes other ladies ba went through over the first 3 to 6 months and you'll know what I mean. They will fluff so even though they appear smaller after the swelling has gone, they will get bigger again just hang in there.

Another thing that may help is to look at your before photos. Sometimes we forget how much we didn't like what we had ti begin with and build this picture in our head of what we'll look like post op and can't fully appreciate how great we turned out anyway even though it didn't match our expectations.

I think you will look terrific when they fluff and you already look amazing btw hun

hope you feel better soon hun.

Lolos

From your photos, I think you might have very firm, thick, good quality skin. The type that does not get cellulite much but can get stretch marks sometimes from pregnancy. So tight and firm and full of collagen that it does not stretch very easily.

I have thin skin with not much collagen in it. So I get cellulite easily but dont get stretch marks. This kind of skin slides down over the implants in time (if you have smooths). Bloody annoying.

I would not be at all surprised if your type of skin takes a while to stretch. If that is the case, then the implants are being squashed by the tight, thick skin with lots of collagen fibres in it.

When I looked at your breast from underneath it seems a great shape, so maybe when more time has gone by and the skin stretches out from the pressure of the implant inside it, the implants full size will show. I guess this might be what is called fluffing.

Anyhoo, I would not be surprised at all if you take photos in three weeks time and your breasts look bigger. 

BTW, you look fantastic. Great skin, great colour, no sun damage and all in proportion.

Hang in there lolos! Beautiful words by sniff, follow that advice. You have been on such an emotional high for the last few weeks, it's only natural to come down from that. Wait for your drop & fluff because things will still change. Maybe pull out one of you old bras or tight fitting tops - I bet don't fit anywhere like they used too!

Great words from sniff... i think its normal hun... any holiday or anything you come back from even a long weekend away is a downer..

Now this is a major thing and have been excited for so long and the coming down from it all has gotta be a lot more than usual.

Keep ur head up and remain positive and try not to let it get u down

You're all right. I think everything my body has been through, plus the build up and expectations have led to me overreacting and stressing myself out.

I don't have any before photos because I would take them and hate how my boobs looked and delete them lol. I have requested copies from PIAC. I'm sure they will help.

It's funny, when my fiance got home he commented on how good they are looking and that they are coming along nicely. We visited my best friend tonight and she was like 'look at your boobs' they look so much bigger and more noticeable than last time I saw you.' So there you go.

Obviously I just need to take a deep breath and chill out!

Thank you all for your support x

So I'm feeling a million times better today than I was yesterday. Don't know what got into me really! I had read about how people go through this in the beginning and it takes time to love them and I had planned not to let it bother me, but it just snuck up on me! It's so great to have this forum for support. It really did help. Thanks again xx

So I'm feeling a million times better today than I was yesterday. Don't know what got into me really! I had read about how people go through this in the beginning and it takes time to love them and I had planned not to let it bother me, but it just snuck up on me! It's so great to have this forum for support. It really did help. Thanks again xx

Great to hear your feeling better hun xoxo

Awesome Lolos, Great that you're feeling better about yourself. I agree with everything the other ladies have said. Give it time, its still early days and things can still change a lot. Just remember as well that under clothes, they can look vastly different to when you're nakkies. Depending on how you dress them they can look tiny or they can look huge. I am noticing a lot of subtle changes but not much from day to day and I'm sure you will too. In 2 or 3 weeks (I cant wait for the 6 week mark) they should look noticeably different to the way they look now and hopefully you'll be a lot happier with the end result. Just hang in there. Hugs :)

All your chemicals for excitement, fear, the high of the holiday have to sadly have some down time... Sniff is so right though. I think once they fluff, you will fall in love with them again. It must be so exciting to not wear padding! And to be honest, I saw your pictures and your boobs are definitely on my wish list. They suit you and look SO beautiful. So go out in the sun, see friends, enjoy your new body and try not to dwell on the size too much - if ever in the future you get it revised, you can always go larger. But I think you'll love them once they settle more :wub:  I felt the same way a few weeks after I had my nose done... post recovery blues are common, I think.
Best of luck lovely 

x

Hey hun, thanks for the kind words. Things have changed heaps since I posted this. For sure it was a combination of all those things that got me down. They have been improving every day and are looking much bigger and nicer. I actually love them now!! I got sized at BNT the other day and I'm a 10e. Woah! Lol I certainly don't think they are too small any more. I'm thinking they're going to end up being just right! I'm such a wally haha

Hey Lolos, sorry you have been down. I just had a look of your before and after pics, you look great! Your body has been though alot so be kind to yourself. I imagine when my time comes my husband will have my before pics handy because l'm sure l will have a meltdown at some stage! 

I'm not looking forward to picking what l want, l have very little idea! Hoping you are feeling better soon. xx

Hi Lolos,  like others have said try and do a comparison of before and after I'm sure there is a huge difference.  The ladies I work with (of those I have told) have all said to me that they can hardly notice a difference and asked me if I wore a very padded bra before surgery.  As a teacher at an all girls school I have been trying to hide the new girls but was a little surprised at being asked this.  If they saw me in bikinis it would be different.  

I have to also say that girls can be interesting creatures sometimes and perhaps your friend was a little jealous hence her comment of not seeing much change....

Don't stress.  I think we all spend too much time analyzing our boobs...  I think mine look huge without a bra and not that noticeable in clothes, which doesn't really add up lol. xx

We're at around the same stage in recovery, I have noticed that in my crop tops under clothes I dont look much different to how I did before but in my new bras (cant wear them for a few more days :( ) they look perkier and like 2-3 cup sizes bigger, go figure. :D

10E!! woop woop, not small at all. I'm a 14E / 16DD (was hoping for a full C) and loving my size and I'm sure you'll love yours too. Plus.... They're not done changing yet, dropping and fluffing and more settling will still happen.

Hopefully in a few more months, you'll reckon its the best investment you ever made :)