Sniff

BW ?? when choosing implants

OK I am confused now.

When you girls are talking about BW being the part that is most crucial in choosing size, is that the width of the breast you have?

If that is what BW means, then if I already have old implants that I want to have changed, do I still go by that when choosing an implant size.

I have a small chest width, with a bony chest plate but my boobs are now an E cup size.

I have 350cc implants now.

At the widest part of my breast (which are droopy now) I am 16cm.

Does anyone have any input on those stats?

I guess it doesnt matter at this stage.  I have faith in either Jib or Narupon, whichever I end up with for a BL and BA.

Mainly curious to hear more detail on how the size chosen can be gauged by the BW. You are all so knowledgeable

16cm is a great BW I'm envious, to achieve my natural look with a 12.5cm BW I could only go 325 and 295 cc implants (asymmetry) apparently these were a 12cm width. 
Do they use the same capsule when doing revision and base size on that? 

I measured it myself. Sort of held the tape measure out, and gauged side to side of boob. Not across the curve of the boob.

I dont't know squat about how it gets measured.

Might try to google it. 

Can anyone tell me if I am doing it right?

For example, do you measure at the widest part of the breast or at the nipple level?

Usplusthree, I dont know if they will take my capsules out when I get a revision because one has a very slight contracture. I guess they will. 

Who knew boobs could be so complicated.

I have seen links posted before, I'm just not sure how to do it. I held out 2 pens and worked my way to the bench were I had a ruler to measure mine, but when I checked with surgeon I was out a little bit anyway.

My post disappeared. I mentioned in it where I found the instructions, so perhaps that is against the forum rules. 

After measuring from the spot under my throat where there is a divot down exactly towards the nipple nub.......only measure 9 ' . 

This is where the nipple nub "should" sit. 

Mark a spot there and then draw a line across the breast there. I used a caliper-like sliding clamp from the shed. to hold exactly on that line and slid it so it was just touching either side of the breast.

Then I measured that space. 

It came to 14cm.

That sound right! If you know what brand and type of implant your surgeon has suggested or uses, you can then google the exact dimensions of the implant which will tell you how wide they are, the projection etc, or you can also just use your BDW to see what you can fit - the width of your implant should not be bigger than your BDW (to avoid mono boob), I think usually about 0.5 - 1cm less is generally suggested. In saying that, some surgeons will go over in some cases.