Sign in to follow this  
Reneeb

Help

Hey so without realising a few times now I've been lifting my arms way above my head and reaching for things, I'm only five days post op.

I feel okay, do you think this would cause damage ??

Worried.

Also has anyone else found it hard to eat big meals like before? I'm finding myself coanrantly bloated and full of Indegestion

Probably too much info - but I got haemorrhoids and my doctor said it was from the painkillers I took after my BA. I have had them before after having 3 kids. I did feel really bloated the first week but I think it is to do with the body getting rid of the swelling etc. You will find it will probably settle around day 7. I have found that I haven't been that hungry since my BA, but I think the body has its own wisdom with healing. I know that the digestive process takes a lot of energy for the body to do so I guess it makes sense that as the body is healing, it would want to direct its focus on healing rather than the digestive process. I made sure I kept up my water intake. I also drank coconut water with guava juice which I found filling but also hydrating. In time, your appetite will come back. Re, putting your hands up for things. I would just be careful. My 3 kids are home on school holidays so I have asked them to help me with things. My 12 year old son has been so helpful. My doctor did say that I have had 4 layers of stitching and thankfully everything is looking good after my post op check the other day. But, I have to keep reminding myself to not go overboard with things as I do like to be active and on the go.  I had my BA done on 22nd Sept so today is day 11 for me. Take care of yourself. Your body will settle soon. :)