KiKi.C

7 seater cars

I know there are many forum members who have children, and I was wondering if any of you own a 7 seater SUV and what make it is?

we are planning on having another baby next year and that will mean we will no longer fit in the sedan!

Any reviews or personal preference will be fantastic :)

We have Toyota Prado it's a 1999 model but I love it after waiting years to upgrade to a 4wd, I love the space and will be upgrading to a later model next year. If your wanting suv's I quite like the kluger personally

I work for Land Rover Range Rover Volvo and Jaguar...

The Land Rover Discovery 4 has 7 seats and is a really popular car also the Volvo XC90 they are releasing a new model of it early next year :)

If you want anymore info let me know :)

I used to have a 7 seater Mazda CX9 Luxury and it was amazing. Everything is standard and the third row seats have enough room to accommodate adults which a lot of other 7 states struggle with.

Only issue with such a big car was petrol consumption. I averaged around 13-14l/100km.

I'm actually weighing up whether the CX9, X3 Bmw or Jeep Grand Cherokee (last two only 5 seats) will be my next car at the moment.

I had been looking at the cx9! They do look roomy and very, very nice!

My partner wanted me to get a walkinshaw performace captiva which look very nice too!

My partner (huge holden man) would kill me of I bought a ford haha I like them though!

The nissan pathfinders look nice too!

I have a platinum grand carnival( 8 seater) to lug the kids and the tag alongs in... I've always had big cars.. Let me tell you it's the best and most spacious people mover I've owned. It has all the bells and whistles and 5 year warranty. You would be presently surprised how far Kia has come along. X

We do! We have an audi q7 we bought the week before havimg our youngest baby. It is fine but I regret not getting the merc gl. At the time my husband thought the new q7 was better than the gl but now there have a new gl so Id recommend that. My friend got it and loves it. The q7 doesnt have as many cool features as the gl.

If Mazda didn't change the front of the CX9 to make it ugly I'd be driving one right now. In 18 years of driving I've had 16 different cars from clapped out old bombs to German sports cars. The CX9 ranks in the top 3 and I can't recommend highly enough.

If Mazda didn't change the front of the CX9 to make it ugly I'd be driving one right now. In 18 years of driving I've had 16 different cars from clapped out old bombs to German sports cars. The CX9 ranks in the top 3 and I can't recommend highly enough.

I totally agree I find it better then my former Audi!

I have had it 2 years and not once it gave me a problem.. My Audi a4 I had three years and I recon I paid more in fixing it then the car itself!

We looked at the kluger grande yesterday and it's very nice too, except for that weird centre console. Blue ray player for long trips is a bonus too. Mazda have massive deals on at moment so I'm considering another CX9, just need to see what fleet come back with on pricing though love the Jeep. On that note, my company has Australia's largest fleet so we get huge discounts. If you want help with pricing let me know :-)

Kiki if you are still leaning towards the CX9, I have managed to get the following pricing for both the luxury and the grand touring.

I'm weighing them up against the Jeep Grand Cherokee (I only have two boys so dont need 7 seats) and have listed prices for the models which are comparable (limited and overland).

CX9 Luxury AWD $53,250 drive away including tow kit, carpet mats, metallic paint, front sensors and window tint

CX9 Grand Touring AWD $59,530 drive away including tow kit, carpet mats, metallic paint, window tint and front sensors

Jeep GC Limited 3.6l V6 $57,452 drive away including body coloured bumpers, luxury group II, tow kit and window tint (mats are standard)

- NLC are also advertising the Jeep 3.6l V6 for $55,352 drive away but with no options (http://www.nlc.com.au/new-car-specials/)

Jeep GC Overland 3.6l V6 $64,000 drive away including tow kit and window tint

All these are registered and plated in Vic.

The problem with a seven seater is luggage space when using the third row. I have 4 kids now all teenagers but when they were younger the best car we had was a Landcruiser. Split third row seats room behind for luggage but the worst was petrol consumption. We also had / have pajeros my favourite car but not so great for room behind third row of seats. Actually probably the least. I also had a pathfinder. I loved it. More room than most behind split third row seat. Also had three way split rear seat so gives you lots of options for separating kids when travelling. It's a tough one. The reason I have pajero now is its a great all rounder. Can still fit two teenagers in rear but not for long trips. Was looking at SRT8 beautiful car but not practical. I have a Staffy fur baby who comes every where with me and who wants to wreck a nice interior with dog hair. Hubby said SRT8 no dog inside so I went with Pajero. not as cool but the whole fam can go places plus dog. Hope this helps a bit from someone who has had big family and faced the car problem.

Thank you Jaycee! Very, very useful information! Luggage space has always been one of my main concerns! Can you have just one seat up at a time in most 7 seaters! It appears I may be needing one sooner that expected!

We have had a Prado and now have a patrol, we use it for off road a lot which is why they aren't an 'suv' , but when we travel we use the roof racks or bring our trailer. We do that to keep my kids as far apart as we can otherwise they bicker