Usplusthree

Pocket of Fluid - manual draining or sorted itself out?

I'm back to see my PS this week at 6.5 weeks post op as my lefty is not sorting itself out as yet with fluid. The pocket of fluid seems to go all around the implant and I've been told they'll probably arrange an ultrasound to determine how much fluid there is and look into draining it in the surgery.

Has anybody else had a persistent pocket of fluid that has either resolved itself or required draining? My main concern with it has been that its concerned me that the implant may dislodge or rotate due to this fluid, they assured me it wouldn't/shouldn't and they've told me to be careful to not do much with my muscles, but as a mum to young kids there is little I can do that doesn't use them. I just hope it all sorts itself out with no issues to the augmentation. 

I had this after my first and second operations on my left breast.  Whilst it absorbed itself naturally over time, it is probably the reason my left implant has never healed a good shape, and have now had three failed surgeries.  I would be pushing for your surgeon to drain it, as undrained fluid leads to higher risk of infection, capsular contracture and implant displacement (healing in the wrong position).

I hope your surgeon can get it sorted for you :)

Thanks so much for sharing your experience, I was thinking that manually draining might increase infection risk but its good to know that is the case either way. I'm pretty uncomfortable with the fluid, it moves and its causing weird sensations in my breast so I'm going to be pushing for the draining for my comforts sake.