Hello Ladies and Gents! 

Just wondering about those lovely ladies who have had Breast Augmentation or men who knew a friend/family member who got a BA?, how your family and friends reacted to the procedure, particularly those with a more conservative background?  I am yet to tell my mum, who I am afraid might be rather against the whole thing (not that it matters, its happening anyway). I would like to tell her before I go, she would hate being left out. (besides telling her would be telling the whole family in once go haha! ) My sister knows and she was a bit reserved but understood where Im coming from, we are very close.

Did you tell family before the procedure? or let them figure it out for themselves :p ? Realy just curious to know your stories. Thanks!

My best friend had a reduction. Her family are so so strict and wouldn't even let her wear mascara at age 17! When she told them she wanted surgery it was a big deal, but then slowly they warmed to it. Once they saw how happy she was afterwards all issues were dropped and they were so happy for her. Even though it was a reduction and not implants her family was always so against her doing anything remotely independent or beauty/cosmetic related.
Even though there was a drama when she told her family before, because they knew - it wasn't a shock afterwards, they had a chance to warm to it.

I was so scared to tell my parents as I come from a strict arab background and my parents are old school I told mum I was considering it and she responded with if that's what makes you happy I got her to speak with dad... At first I was considering thailand dad said if I was getting it done I had to do it in Australia ... They were soooo supportive and I didn't expect them to be at all!!!

I went to my dad not only to tell him I was getting them done but to ask for the funds aswell haha he was like no no your too young straight away but then I sat him down and explained that yes I am still young and I feel down about my appearance and gave him a good speech and he warmed up and agreed to pay (which I was not expecting but thought it was worth a try) so good luck with which ever way u go

I have only told 6 of my close friends.  I find mine easy to disguise.  I haven't caught up with my parents but when I do I will just wear a v neck t-shirt from sports girl.  They are the best at covering them.  If mum asks I'll tell her but I doubt she will.  I'm a teacher at an all girls school and none of the girls have mentioned it... yet.

both my family and in laws are very conservative, so I never told any of them, not with my first ba, nor with my second ba.

Up until this day, the only person within the family that knows about my ba is my hubby.  I don't intend on telling any of them ever tbh.  I just don't think it's anyone's business really.  But that's just me, I've always been a very private kind of person.  Plus having a small implant is easier to disguise and get away with.

I didn't tell my mum before because I knew she would worry herself sick about me while I was away - She always worries too much. I thought I was going to tell her when I got back, as she was visiting from interstate, but at that point they didn't look much bigger than before because I had always worn padded bras. I don't think she noticed, or if she did she didn't say anything so neither did I. I'm visiting home next week so we'll see if my family notices now that they have loosened up a bit. If they ask, I'll tell them but if not, I think I'll just keep it to myself...

I have told my mum and my brother knows and no doubt my whole family will know and my boss knows and two friends. I won't be able to hide it after because I am so flat chested and I often don't wear bras so everyone will soon work it out but I just don't care.

I went to a friend of mine who is a GP for my referral and got a very odd response from him. He was almost condescending He was also none too pleased at my choice surgeon, he wanted me to go to one of his mates. That surgeon has no before and afters on his website, I've found only one review anywhere online. He also thinks my surgeon is a bit of an arrogant ##**##**.

I'm now going to go to my regular doctor for my referral. I was so upset that I don't want him as my referring doctor. So it's not just family and friends that can be judgy. This is the reason why I'm keeping my augmentation to myself.

Ok vent over.

I went to a friend of mine who is a GP for my referral and got a very odd response from him. He was almost condescending He was also none too pleased at my choice surgeon, he wanted me to go to one of his mates. That surgeon has no before and afters on his website, I've found only one review anywhere online. He also thinks my surgeon is a bit of an arrogant ##**##**.

I'm now going to go to my regular doctor for my referral. I was so upset that I don't want him as my referring doctor. So it's not just family and friends that can be judgy. This is the reason why I'm keeping my augmentation to myself.

Ok vent over.

Ah that's awful Bec! At least you know from girls on here that he puts out great results :) he sounded far from arrogant when I consulted with him over the phone. I haven't told ANYONE other than my hubby. I feel like my family would judge me based on the money side of things rather than the surgery side of things. I am only after a conservative size so I hope to get away with it - I doubt it lol but whatever! Once it's done it's done.

Ah that's awful Bec! At least you know from girls on here that he puts out great results :) he sounded far from arrogant when I consulted with him over the phone. I haven't told ANYONE other than my hubby. I feel like my family would judge me based on the money side of things rather than the surgery side of things. I am only after a conservative size so I hope to get away with it - I doubt it lol but whatever! Once it's done it's done.

I feel exactly the same Cricket. I have told my mother (I'm 40 and still felt like I should let my Mummy know) but only incase I need help with the kids and because it is a surgery. I was worried telling her as I felt she would judge me as well. She said she wasn't but her eyes told a different story.  :mellow:  I'm also concerned about being judged on the money side of things too. Running our own business, one week we have money the next we have a company go under. Family know that we have had money woes and that it ebbs and flows, but again this is a decision made by me and hubby and we are the ones who know how the business is going.

I would love to tell mum for the same reason but I honestly think she would be judgemental about it and I don't want that stress before I go in for surgery :( We took over our business this year and we own our house but I think they would be worried we were abusing the money from the business to pay for surgery. I looked closely at our financial situation before committing to doing this and it is completely separate from our business. I got my loan and made sure the repayments were something our personal finances could handle.

My very close girlfriends were extremely supportive as well as my sister. My Mum is very religious so I thought when I told her she would give me a lecture about how I am going against God's creation..............we went down that track when I got a nose ring when I was 21 years of age. She was open to the idea of my BA but I could tell she wasn't happy with my decision. But, I am forty next year so I didn't need her blessing at all. I only told my parents in case something went wrong or they were wondering about my new shape. While I am still adjusting to my breast size, I have no regrets!

My very close girlfriends were extremely supportive as well as my sister. My Mum is very religious so I thought when I told her she would give me a lecture about how I am going against God's creation..............we went down that track when I got a nose ring when I was 21 years of age. She was open to the idea of my BA but I could tell she wasn't happy with my decision. But, I am forty next year so I didn't need her blessing at all. I only told my parents in case something went wrong or they were wondering about my new shape. While I am still adjusting to my breast size, I have no regrets!

My Mum went ape when I pierced ears a second time at 18, my navel at 25, she needed a sedative when I showed her my first tattoo. Imagine my surprise when she didn't need hospitalisation after I told her I was considering a BA. Mind you I haven't told her I'm booked or the date. Not sure if I'll go that far. It will be like "Taadaa, I've got taataas"

I cant imagine how hard it would be tho needing for feeling like you should keep it from your mum/family? I was thinking about not telling her but I think i kinda knew she would be ok with it so i just did it and im glad i did because now i dont have to worry about whether to tell her or not. Hopefully you have some other lady friends close to you that you can tell and share your excitement with. I mean its great the my BF is fine with it but hes not exactly the type to get excited about it so really glad i have my sister and mum to share this with. Good luck tho I hope you don't get any grief from family especially. Xx

I told my mum but I was dreading it because she is such a conservative Christian lady, and at first she was flat out no, then when she realised I was serious and had done all the research and everything she warmed up to the idea and even offered to ask around the hospital where she works for some good recommendations for plastic surgeons! In the end she didnt agree with my decision and still doesn't, but she supports me and tries to help me out when she can since I'm recovering. I haven't told my dad and won't ever because it's weird haha

My advice is that if you think your parents won't approve, you're probably right but that doesn't mean they won't support you whatever your decision. That's what I've found in pretty much all aspects of my life with my mum, not just a BA

I have told everyone in my family apart from my dad because l don't really see the point in telling him. He is not really observant anyway so unless l go huge he won't even notice! Everyone has been really supportive, work friends included, l needed to tell them because my work is physically demanding. I'm glad your mum is supporting you, good luck with your surgery.  :)

My mum didn't take it well at all and said she will never be fine with this decision I am making. She said having two children I am putting my life at risk having unnecessary surgery and the money could be used for the children instead. I haven't told her when my surgery is and won't be either. Hopefully one day she will understand....cause it's heartbreaking not facing the support from your mother. But I can't be angry at her for having and voicing her opinion and feelings.

My mum and dad are not conservative at all, but I am still extremely reluctant to tell them. My mum was so judgemental when I got a rather large tattoo and I don't want her to make me feel like a crappy person and second guess my choices before going in for surgery. I also don't want to offend them by changing what they have created, but I'm doing this to feel more comfortable and happy in my own skin. I am booked in at PIAC in Phuket In Feb 15. They know I'm going to Thailand, but they think it's just for a holiday. They may or may not notice that I've had a BA afterwards because I am already a C cup and wear padded bras, but I'm having an open tip reduction rhinoplasty as well, so they'll probably notice that. If they ask me, I will of course be honest, but I'm not going to go out of my way to tell them.