Sign in to follow this  
caitsyd

Weight loss prior to surgery & recovery question

Hi 

I was wondering if any of you ladies would give any advise about weight loss before surgery and post op pain. 

Bit of background, I had a surgery date booked in for September but gained a lot of weight (about 5kg) and had an uneasy feeling about the surgeon I had chosen. So I cancelled the surgery and put it on the back burner for a little bit. 

Fast forward, I have lost some of the weight but because of personal training I have gained a lot of muscle. I got recommended to a surgeon around the corner from me, but could not find any feedback about him on here, so went in for a consult to see if I felt anymore confident but wasn't too invested in it. 

After the consult, I knew I had the right surgeon. I did not have the uneasy feeling I had previously and was actually very excited. The problem was I only have two options for surgery dates being; 7th November or February next year. 

My questions are: 

1. If I went with the 7th of November, I have really important exams on the 15-19th of November. How long are you bed ridden/ not able to really do anything after the surgery? I was hoping I may be able to make it work if I would be in a state to study 1-2 days after the surgery. 

2. I told my surgeon of my weight fluctuations, and how I was wanting to probably loose another 4-5kg. He told me that as I was almost borderline needing a lift, I should have the surgery sooner rather than later as if I drop more, I will need a lift and a BA alone will not give me the results I want... So, has anyone lost 4-5kg after their BA and did it affect the placement of their boobs? I have a fear of the sag :unsure:

I would be getting overs, 350cc round. 

I really appreciate any feedback. I am a big worrier so its been on my mind a lot and I need to confirm the date on Monday and I really don't want to back out again as I have wanted these new boobies for years !!

Thanks ladies :) :) :) 

Hi I didn't suffer from the meds at all really, I slept the day after surgery but was alert- not scattered just tired. I was out and about the next day. meds affect everybody differently though, I know there are ladies on here that felt pretty knocked around and had to stop taking them. Good to hear ur into ur training, is that why ur getting overs? I have seen on here a lady that lost an outstanding 10kg or so but ended up with slight rippling, not sure who it was but maybe check out the gallery. I hope this helps, if even a little..........

No that definitely helps! Thanks a lot Merman :) 

Yeah my PS told me that I should have overs because of the training, and also because he thought it integrates the implant and your boob together more naturally making it 'one unit' so if I was unfortunate enough to loose weight and it affected my boobs, they implant wouldn't be stuck under the muscle. He used the term 'snoopy effect' but did say it was very unlikely and not seen often. 

I probably should give some stats to put it into perspective - 22yo, 164cm, 55kg, very deflated 10C/smallD. 

I am leaning towards just doing it and hoping for the best because i am at the point where I actually hate looking at myself in the mirror because of my boobs. Although guess droopy implants are a scary thought as well! 

Was the surgeon Dr Choy? I had my surgery with him and we discussed the same things you mention in your post.

I ended up getting 350cc overs about 6 weeks ago. My recovery was really good. I was back to normal and doing everything by day 6 PO. I think getting overs generally means quicker recovery.

Everyone heals differently and everyone gets affected by the anathestic differently too. I know for myself from past surgeries that the anathestic............even though I had twilight sedation for my Ba..........would knock me around. The first 3 to 5 days I was out of it. But after that I began to feel better each day. I would say go for the November date. :)

I just saw your other post Cait and noticed it was Dr Choy. I responded in your other thread. But I was happy with him.

Cleopatra, I just quickly read your reply in my other post. 

Did you get good results even without the lift? 

Also, thank you to everyone for the replies! I am going to try and do the Nov date. Fingers crossed for me!!! 

And yes, the PS was Dr Choy :) 

Yup I'm pretty happy. I know I'll probably need a lift down the track, but I knew that either way.

I had a consult with Dr Lee at TCI and he wanted to give me 560cc which would have made me a F or G cup. I feel that would have been too much for me.

I'm happy I went with Dr Choy and had the 350cc instead. I'm a DD/E now and happy. I will try to put some more pics up soon as they look heaps better now.

Concentration wise...I was a bit off for about 1 week post general anaesthetic. There is no way I'd schedule any surgery in the week or so prior to something important...but that's just me.

If you're pain isn't we controlled, the pain meds will also effect your mental sharpness. It's a risk.