Sign in to follow this  
Boomerang

period / menstruation during surgery at piac

Hi ladies,

Im so stoked that my surgery date is finally getting closer in 21st december. However i have one big fat problem MENSTRUATION!!!!!!

My period due around 19th-20th.

I know there is one topic about this but it doesnt really answer my question. Has any of you had surgery while you are having period at PIAC or Bangkok Hospital PHuket???? If yes did you tell them? Any experienced that your surgery got declined?

I wasnt really worried about the period until the consultant mel advised they cant perform surgery if i have period and advised me to go to gp to regulate my menstruation. Anyone ever done this? Iam not on the pills so i m not so keen but i will do anything to stop the period or delay it. But as i know it will take effect at least 3months.

Please help me as i am very stressed out about this. Cant really cancel the dates =(

Thank you so much xx

Yes, the paperwork says they may (will?) cancel, as Missloz says, due to the tissues being inflamed and engorged. (Maybe they aren't able to judge sizing as well as they could otherwise?) Dr B did ask me this on the day of my consult/surgery.

I actually take the pill (Estelle) back to back without the sugar tablets so I don't get my period, and have done this for about 5 years (why have a period and all the (not!) fun things that go with it if you don't need to?)

I've asked numerous Drs (male & female) about this (as well as good old Google) and all say there's no harm in doing it.

If I ever get 'breakthrough' days (maybe every 4 months or so), I just feel that is my body telling me I need to let it do it's thing....

Long way round the bout, you would just have enough time to get on the pill now, to have a couple of cycles for this to work out for you, but I do know that other girls on here have mentioned a specific tablet that can hold off your period if it is due on a special day...

I'm with Piyapas and it's at bangkok hospital Phuket? Not piac? :/

Hi novboobs2014,

Are you going to have your period too? When is your surgery date? Ive heard dr piyapas is a great surgeon =) yes dr p at bangkok int hospital not piac. I have booked mine with dr sanguan at piac.

One of the reasons I chose Bangkok Phuket Hospital over Phuket International Hospital was because the former operates when you are menstruating.

I have an unpredictable cycle and I can only afford the exact 10 days away from Perth, or my family will be a small shambles.

Heaven forbid anything else postpones my surgery date! Eeeek!

13 nov! :-) um I'm not sure I don't even keep track and sometimes I don't even get it so I hope not! I'll take a pill if I get it haha. I know I'm so excited

So are you going with Piyapas also? :-)

So lucky..i always have mine on time. Dr p cant perform on my available dates so iam still waiting at other surgeon. Currently booked with dr sanguan at piac.as i dont want it to get cencelled

One of the reasons I chose Bangkok Phuket Hospital over Phuket International Hospital was because the former operates when you are menstruating.

I have an unpredictable cycle and I can only afford the exact 10 days away from Perth, or my family will be a small shambles.

Heaven forbid anything else postpones my surgery date! Eeeek!

Hopefully nothing will happed alexandra g.

My options were always these two hospital and decided go with piac until i realised my surgery will be right on my surgery dates. And as yours i cant really change the dates or stay longer. =(

Who is your surgeon and when?

Yes, the paperwork says they may (will?) cancel, as Missloz says, due to the tissues being inflamed and engorged. (Maybe they aren't able to judge sizing as well as they could otherwise?) Dr B did ask me this on the day of my consult/surgery.

I actually take the pill (Estelle) back to back without the sugar tablets so I don't get my period, and have done this for about 5 years (why have a period and all the (not!) fun things that go with it if you don't need to?)

I've asked numerous Drs (male & female) about this (as well as good old Google) and all say there's no harm in doing it.

If I ever get 'breakthrough' days (maybe every 4 months or so), I just feel that is my body telling me I need to let it do it's thing....

Long way round the bout, you would just have enough time to get on the pill now, to have a couple of cycles for this to work out for you, but I do know that other girls on her have mentioned a specific tablet that can hold off your period if it is due on a special day...

Hi Rubie,Just emailed bangkok int hospital phuket they advised its fine to have surgery while having period. Sucks that i need to pick another dr as i want to have my ba with dr piyapas if i go with bangkok international phuket. Waiting to have another surgeon comment with bangkok hospital phuket.

Will visit gp as well in regards regulate my menstruation as piac is abit cheaper than bangkok hospital and i like PIAC guarantee plus dr sanguan is excellent. So stressful =(

Iam on holiday overseas now and just finished my menstruation cycle and hopefully still have sometime to get this done.

Anyway great boobies rubie, congratulation =)

Do not not not stress. Easy fixed. There is a little blue pill called primulot which u get on script from your GP. You take it 5 days before period is due and then for as long as you do not want it. I took it the whole time I was in Phuket ;) lots of ladies( us old ducks that have been on here a bit) did the same thing. Mum05 eats them like tic tacks ;) xx

I will  be taking that little blue pill if l need it because l'm not on the pill.  My cycle is pretty regular, l'm been tracking it for three months and l will get my period a week before l leave and then after l get home. Usually l'm stuck with it on holidays and special occasions! :angry:  You are the day before me btw Boomarang! I am on the 22nd December with Dr Boonchai.  :)

I will  be taking that little blue pill if l need it because l'm not on the pill.  My cycle in pretty regular, l'm been tracking it for three months and l will get my period a week before l leave and then after l get home. Usually l'm stuck with it on holidays and special occasions! :angry:  You are the day before me btw Boomarang! I am on the 22nd December with Dr Boonchai.  :)

Hi Gabby1,

Just out of curiousity, did you ask your gp that pills because you are having surgery or any other reasons?

Yeay i bet you are very excited as i am..counting days now..=)

Hi Gabby1,

Just out of curiousity, did you ask your gp that pills because you are having surgery or any other reasons?

Yeay i bet you are very excited as i am..counting days now..=)

I usually go on the pill if l need to skip it or l just put up with it! I would prefer not to take anything if possible, but if need be l am seeing my GP soon and l will get a script just in case. Yep, very exciting two months to go! 

Hopefully nothing will happed alexandra g.

My options were always these two hospital and decided go with piac until i realised my surgery will be right on my surgery dates. And as yours i cant really change the dates or stay longer. =(

Who is your surgeon and when?

Dr Poonsak, 26 Jan 2015.

Unfortunately I can't take any contraceptive pill or any pill that delays my period as I have a history of occular migraine.

It sounds like it's all coming together for you, I sure hope so. I went through so much stress when faced with the possibility that my period might mess with my dates.

Dr Poonsak, 26 Jan 2015.

Unfortunately I can't take any contraceptive pill or any pill that delays my period as I have a history of occular migraine.

It sounds like it's all coming together for you, I sure hope so. I went through so much stress when faced with the possibility that my period might mess with my dates.

Hi alexandra g, dont worry bangkok int hospital phuket is not really fuss about period as long as you tell the nurse. However i will still visit my gp for that blue pills. Looks like i will switch doctor from dr sanguan at piac to dr jib at bangkok int hospital just incase