Sign in to follow this  
EllaBellaB

Feeling a little down/disapointed...

So, I think I have come down from the post surgery buzz and after fighting off an infection I am almost fully healed.

I had my BR in Bangkok with Dr Rungkit and I have absolutely loved the results.  I am really enjoying wearing new clothes and checking myself out BUT...

I have not yet tried on any new bras yet, I am still wearing my compression bra.  Last night I decided to try on some old bras I bought without trying on that were always too small for me and they are DD.  They fit perfectly.

Pre surgery I discussed my desires with my surgeon and he told me he could make me a C cup.  I was really shocked by fitting into the DD last night and have had a little moment of thinking 'oh my god, all that money & I am two sizes larger than I wanted to be!"

I am still a tiny bit swollen but I really don't think I will get much smaller than a D.  At this point I am trying to tell myself that these feelings are all in my head and that its all about the bra size, because I am pretty happy with the look.   Also, my fiancé works in the mines and was on night shift last night so I felt very alone when I tried the bra on and had my emotional moment.

Anyone else feel a little down about this kind of thing?  How do I get past this?

Hi EllaBellaB.

I so know how you feel but I think it is going to be more about how you look and if you are happy when you see yourself. I too wanted to go as small as I could so opted for a C cup however when I try the C cup bras they tend to make me a bit squashy so I am probably a D cup. It all depends on the type of bras. I have yet to get an underwire one so still wearing crop tops or aaah bras. I managed to get a no wire soft cup type one from bras and things and this is a C cup but the sales lady said that I would probably need a D cup with other styles.

I have managed to go bra less in a sun dress the other day and felt really good about that and I love that nothing is hanging to my waist. There may still be some swelling so if worried definitely talk to the doctor.

EllaBellaB..sending you hugs....I think it is hard for them to really feel our desire to go as small as possible..i told mine to do that and at my 4 day check up on Monday the nurse said he could have gone smaller...my brain was screaming well why didn't he!!!! its it a very  subjective procedure I guess and what the surgeon thinks will look right on our bodies, where as I didn't care if I have a big butt and very small boobs!!

I hope your just having a single down day and can feel better soon...and with a hiccup of an infection wouldn't help either. ..some people are saying that it can take 6-12 months for breast to settle...fingers crossed that is the case....

Those lonely moments in our lives are when those thought occur...so stay strong and keep smiling at the results you see in the mirror and cut off the bra tags :-) 

take care

Thanks so much ladies, the support really helps!

Lobs47, I have also had a few bra less days...Amazing!! I never thought I would be able to do that!

Jalvan, what a great idea, cutting the tags off!  It really is just a letter, and I am so pleased with the changes, I think I just felt that being DD would just mean I fall into big bust category! 

Hoping a shopping trip on the weekend will cheer me right up :)

EllaBella... It is so great to hear from you! Glad it went well and you are loving the results you see... It is so hard when you have a cup size in your head that you were hoping to achieve... Its like it doesn't matter what you look like, that little number in our heads always over rules our eyes.  

Sorry you are feeling down EllaBellaB, l'm sure your results are amazing! Sometimes as women l think we get fixated on cup sizes rather then how they look.  Maybe look at your before pictures. To go braless- heaven, can't wait for that! Here's hoping you are feeling better soon. xx

Sorry you're going through this. I hope you've recovered since you posted this a week ago. I'm so happy for you that you like the results and I hope that is the saving grace to get you through the down times. 

Reading about going braless has made me so envious and so excited about the thought of being able to do it myself. I can't stop smiling.

Congrats on a successful operation, beautiful, and keep smiling xx

I wouldnt worry about it hun! You sound like you were very pleased with the results and loved the way they looked in clothes so honestly what does cup size matter? Keep in mind also that bra sizes really vary..you might be a DD in one brand and a C/D in another.

Dont stress! Im sure they look amazing ☺