quixote88

GPS Insurance?

Hi everyone.

After reading through a few different topics I decided to send off an enquiry form to GPS Insurance.

I received a quote back giving several different options but I'm completely confused about which option covers Capsular Contracture.

I emailed the company but didn't get a clear answer back just that they cover multiple complications.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I can't help, but I am following this thread because I am thinking of taking out private health insurance in the hope that it will recover revision costs down the track. I'd love to know the best company to go through.

Hi everyone.

After reading through a few different topics I decided to send off an enquiry form to GPS Insurance.

I received a quote back giving several different options but I'm completely confused about which option covers Capsular Contracture.

I emailed the company but didn't get a clear answer back just that they cover multiple complications.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The coverage provided by GPS is for medical complications that may arise from a procedure.  Capsular Contracture is a medical complication. GPS also covers travel related injuries, accidents and illness, that may occur but are separate from the actual procedure. There was another insurer Seven Corners with their Bordercross policy, but they no longer provide medical complication cover for Australians.

The coverage provided by GPS is for medical complications that may arise from a procedure.  Capsular Contracture is a medical complication. GPS also covers travel related injuries, accidents and illness, that may occur but are separate from the actual procedure. There was another insurer Seven Corners with their Bordercross policy, but they no longer provide medical complication cover for Australians.

Thanks B Insured.

So even your lowest level of cover includes Capsular Contracture?

Are there any Complications that are obviously not Included?

I recently came across a lady who had to claim on her GPS surgery for a re surgery (not sure what exactly was wrong) she said she had no problems at all making her claim. It was good to hear a positive reviews of GPS..as I cant seem to find many other reviews on GPS.

B insured, for how long after surgery is CC covered by GPS? I recall reading 6 months somewhere.

The GPS policy covers medical complications for 6 months post surgery, this is Capsular Contracture or any other separately diagnosed medical complication.  The GPS cover provides these important benefits when there is a complication:

* Additional medical or surgical treatment - At the destination or at home

* Additional travel, accommodations and meals

* Dependent Care / Family coordination

* Additional medical benefit for blood clots

* Additional medical benefit for failed or unfavourable outcomes caused by a covered medical complication

* Severe Disfigurement

* and a few more

The Global Protective Solutions plan also covers travel related accidents, injury and illness that is totally separate from the procedure that you are traveling for.  Some of these facilitator companies or the medical facilities say they will give a guarantee or revision, but it won't pay your medical bills incurred while you are away or when you come home, and some will not pay for your travel expenses to get back to Thailand. No one plans on having a medical complication but unfortunately they happen often.