bdayboobies

Why do some clinics require drains whether as others have none?

I know this is probably a really stupid question with a simple answer but i have noticed that some girls get drains put it during surgery to help with the post care why is it that not every clinic does this, is it for a specific operation that they use them?

my mother in law had drains when she got her BA done & the clinic i am going through don't insert drains.. 

really intrigued as to why etc. 

Thanks in advance :) 

Hey mmo.dd - yes for a lift you will definately need one but for a first timer getting a straight augmentation you will generally not.

Most surgeons in Australia won't use drains for a woman undergoing a breast augmentation for the first time - they're not needed.

Think it depends on the surgeons choice. I had them in for my revison and barely drained anything at all. Think its best to have them in and not drain much than to not have them and get hideous swelling. My 1st ba i had no drains and i was so swollen

Thanks for all the input and answers!! 

Really helped :) i actully think it's the clinic I'm going through that don't use them at all , Im not sure but every girl I know that has gone through this clinic haven't gotten drains. 

I'm not worried though I just always wondered :) 

So ladies that had drains - do you see the PS the following day for drain removal? Did you go home for the night then return to their office to have them removed?

I know with my PS sometimes he uses drains, sometimes not. If I do have drains should I stay the night near his office until the following day and THEN go home?

As far as i have been told, cosmetic surgeons don't and plastic surgeons do! But i could be wrong :p I had drains (have had two types of surgeries and had drains both times) and for my BA i had 0 swelling at all. Was great!

So ladies that had drains - do you see the PS the following day for drain removal? Did you go home for the night then return to their office to have them removed?

I know with my PS sometimes he uses drains, sometimes not. If I do have drains should I stay the night near his office until the following day and THEN go home?

yes, best to stay close to your surgeons office, I've had drains twice for breast revision, once for 48 hours and the second time for 72 hours....I bleed a lot...lol...

They're usually removed on day 2 or day 3 after your breast op :-)