tmon08

Weight loss after ba

I'm getting breast augmentation in 11 days at TCI with Dr Lee. I'm about 4 kilos heavier than I'd like to be and I was wondering if anyone had lost weight after they had ba and whether it affected the implants and made them look strange in proportion to your body. Am I silly getting surgery when I'm not t my ideal weight? Should I postpone it? 

Very good question, I also want to loose a bit more weight, another 2-3kgs before surgery and 2-3 after would be fantastic.  I don't think a small amount would matter within 'myself' as I always loose weight from my face and boobs first, I have already lost 10kgs and kept it off so I think my boobs won't change any more now as I have always been a c-d cup, even when I was at my lightest weight a million years ago.  Its hard to know as ever person is different.  My paper work also said not to crash diet before surgery as it may effect my recovery...... I am having BL, BA and TT so not sure which brochure said the crash diet thing.  Maybe worth asking your surgeon his thoughts???

I've asked two highly regarded plastic surgeons this question and they have said you should be at your ideal weight when you get the surgery. They do not recommend weight fluctuations. However they said 5kgs or less should not have an effect on your implants. One also said it won't matter if when you lose weight your boobs don't change. Mine don't change with weight loss so I'm thinking I will be fine to lose a few kg's after surgery. Hope this helps :)

I have been told to be within 5 kgs of goal weight. Another ps said 10kgs. I'm prone to sag however which is why I've been told to be close to goal weight. I lost 4 or 5kgs after my revision with no affect on my implants. I think it's unrealistic to not expect fluctuations because let's be honest how many of us overdo it at Xmas or while on holidays and gain a little. 

The only thing I will say is some women notice rippling with weight loss especially if they have little breast tissue. 

Thanks guys. Yeah I can't stop eating chocolate 😖. I don't think 4kgs will make a huge difference but I'm going to crash diet before the consult and hopefully get closer to my happy weight

Sorry to change the path of this thread, but I am curious Cupcake85 as to why you have had 3 surgeries, and planning on the 4th? I am just beginning to investigate BA and am wondering how long a set should last. Thanks!

Sorry to change the path of this thread, but I am curious Cupcake85 as to why you have had 3 surgeries, and planning on the 4th? I am just beginning to investigate BA and am wondering how long a set should last. Thanks!

I suffered complications first ba and a lift should have been done. Only reason I switched my implants from overs to partials using new implants is because I had visible implant edges. I had some asymetry issues after this revision so my ps lowered the pocket of my left and manually released the muscle as well as doing a second lift on my right as my nipples weren't symmetrical and a reduction. 

I want a fourth as pregnancy has completely changed my boobs and I have a lot of sag. Had it not been for the sagging I probably wouldn't be having another surgery even though I've got boobie greed. 

I suffered complications first ba and a lift should have been done. Only reason I switched my implants from overs to partials using new implants is because I had visible implant edges. I had some asymetry issues after this revision so my ps lowered the pocket of my left and manually released the muscle as well as doing a second lift on my right as my nipples weren't symmetrical and a reduction. 

I want a fourth as pregnancy has completely changed my boobs and I have a lot of sag. Had it not been for the sagging I probably wouldn't be having another surgery even though I've got boobie greed. 

Ok thanks for that. Is there any advice you have to someone just beginning the journey that you wish you had known or asked initially if any of the issues were avoidable?

Ok thanks for that. Is there any advice you have to someone just beginning the journey that you wish you had known or asked initially if any of the issues were avoidable?

I wish I had listened to my gut feeling. My first ps only ever does overs - there was my first mistake. I've got nothing against overs as every patient is different and that's why one placement only isn't good IMO. 

I wish I had asked about complications and what happens - then again my first ps didn't diagnose the fact I had cc (capsular contracture). 

Do your research. With my revision it's not my surgeons fault my left implant didn't drop into place. It's just one of those things. With the asymetry I was supposed to have different sized implants but once he got into the OR he decided that the next size implant would have made my smaller breast bigger than the big one so it was best to use same sized implants. The fact he went in a second time (my third time) and didn't charge me says a lot. He wanted me to be happy. 

I would also say research your surgeon well and ask lots of questions during the consult and here. 

Oh and I wasn't shown photos by my first ps and he refused because "every patient is different so your results will be completely different you can't look like someone else". Ugh I was so young and stupid then. 

I wish I had listened to my gut feeling. My first ps only ever does overs - there was my first mistake. I've got nothing against overs as every patient is different and that's why one placement only isn't good IMO. 

I wish I had asked about complications and what happens - then again my first ps didn't diagnose the fact I had cc (capsular contracture). 

Do your research. With my revision it's not my surgeons fault my left implant didn't drop into place. It's just one of those things. With the asymetry I was supposed to have different sized implants but once he got into the OR he decided that the next size implant would have made my smaller breast bigger than the big one so it was best to use same sized implants. The fact he went in a second time (my third time) and didn't charge me says a lot. He wanted me to be happy. 

I would also say research your surgeon well and ask lots of questions during the consult and here. 

Oh and I wasn't shown photos by my first ps and he refused because "every patient is different so your results will be completely different you can't look like someone else". Ugh I was so young and stupid then. 

Thank you! That is very helpful :)