Nanniepoo

Reasons for Contact with surgeon post op?

Hi all! I'm new to this forum but have finally booked a date for my BA..wooo hooo! I just wanted to know (as so many people mention it in their posts) what are the reasons people need to contact the surgeon for straight after surgery? I have my surgeons mobile number and a lot of girls say they text or call their surgeons at random times of the day. Is it a pain thing? Medication? Incision questions? I hope this isnt too nosey but i want to be so prepared and i thought it would be great to know some of the reasons people feel they need to call/txt. I didnt think to ask my surgeon this. 

I am constantly swinging between utter happiness and freaking out, though thanks to this forum i know im not alone!!! 😃

I also had contact details for clinic staff so I went through them first and they either answered my enquires or referred to surgeon as I didn't want to contact surgeon directly if it was unnecessary, although would have if felt real emergency.

When I did get symptons of infection that concerned me they referred me to the surgeon who I then had direct contact with about that issue. I would ask your surgeon when you see them next or their office who the best person is to contact with any post surgery queries. 

You will most likely receive post op instructions after discharged that include info about contacting your surgeon, phone numbers and reasons to contact.

Im not sure who your surgeon is but mine provided me both his mobile number and his private rooms number. He specified that during the day you can contact his rooms with concerns and after hours call him directly if I had concerns. In saying this I think you need to use some common sense....I think it's inappropriate to call your surgeon at home after hours for something that is not urgent and can easily wait until the next day (for example asking questions about one implant dropping faster than the other) however if there is something urgent (like your surgical incision opening) I wouldn't hesitate to call him on his mobile.