AlanaJ

Creams to reduce appearance of incision scar

hi Ladies, 

can anyone suggest a good cream/serum/oil that works wonders on scars. I did see someone mentioning Skinergie or something like that but I must have gotten it wrong as I can't find anything in Google. 

I am 3 weeks out from my revision & want to make sure my scars heal nicely again. 

Like Natsacks said the Bepanthen Scar Treatment silicone gel is great.
I'd also recommend getting some Siltape or Silicone Gel sheeting to place over the insicions (You can get a brand called Scar FX from Priceline and for one re-useable sheet it costs around $39.95, but totally worth it I've heard).

Hope your recovery treats you kindly! :o

Is the paper tape something that u only use when the incisions are healed? I'm 6 weeks po and thinking i might have left it too late. I've had nothing on my incisions since the original dressings were removed after 2 weeks

My surgeon said any kind of pressure is the best way to help your scars, apparently thats what the research says. Everyone is a massive fan though of silicone tape. i think medisil is a reputable brand of silicon tape

Silicone scar sheets are awesome! 

I had had a full anchor lift and for awhile my scars were red and bumpy. Using scar cream wasn't making much difference do I went and bought the silicone scar sheets and started noticing so much difference. My scars flattened and faded nicely. 

So how do you use Silitape? Do you put it on after using the scar cream? Do you replace it  morning & night? Might try get some of both bepathen scar cream & Silitape sheets, just to be safe. :)

Edited by AlanaJ
Spelling mistake