Sign in to follow this  
Claire88

Question for TCI post op patients :)

Hi Ladies, I am booked into have BA surgery in 7days at parramatta with Dr Doung and am super excited but I am still not 100% on what profile implant I'd like.

At my consultation I tried HP 415cc which was the biggest rekomened size for me but after looking at the photos of when I tried them on I'm now considering EHP to get a more projected looked. 

Dr Doung said I didn't need to make a decision at consultation that it would be made on the day of surgery

my question is what is the procedures on surgery day? Do you get to discuss and try on sizes again?  

Tia

Hi Claire88,

Yes, you will be asked on the day of your surgery if you're happy with the size/ profile that you have chosen, but if you want to try on more sizers, I would probably book another consult. Perhaps take someone along for a second opinion, if you need reassurance :) 

The decision making time on the day of surgery is a very very quick process.  It was more like a quick check over on what we had already talked about. My surgeon quickly remeasured me, drew on my chest, ran through a few questions about what I wanted and confirmed my decision. He did ask if i wanted to change size, but I personally would have felt way too rushed to make a change on surgery day because everything was moving so fast. I was also way to excited I couldn't have processed to much information that close to surgery. If you are considering a size that you didn't discuss with your surgeon in your consult I would book another consult.