Carla08

Help for a tall skinny girl wanting size and natural look

Hi everyone,

I recently settled on two surgeons and have had two very different consults which have left me quite confused. Would love to hear some thoughts and opinions.

I am tall (180cm or 5’10) - late 20’s, A cup. I have a particularly long torso, a lot of my height comes from my torso (some tall girls have short or average sized torsos but really long legs). I have quite broad shoulders, I have hips but a narrow waist. I’m roughly size 8 or 6 up top and a 10 on the bottom, so a big part of the surgery is getting more proportion and balance between the two halves of my bod. My upper bod is very skinny, muscular and athletic looking. The bones in the centre of my chest are somewhat visible and I never really add weight to my upper bod. I’m also quite active and do a lot of swimming. Both surgeons have commented on my ‘swimmer's physique’. My BWD is around 12.5 I believe.

My goal is to have a decent size but to remain natural looking - I’d like to end up somewhere in the full C, or D range, so long as it doesn't end up looking too ‘enhanced’ on my skinny frame. I just don't think that look will suit my body.

The first surgeon recommended a 485cc high profile tall height implant as well as a 445cc tall height moderate plus profile implant (both tear drops). He said he would take both into surgery and determine which fitted and looked best. He said both of those sizes would definitely put me in the D range, noting my height and relative broad chest/shoulders. He explained that the ‘problem area’ for me was the gap between my collarbone and breast (that long torso). He said the tall height implant would be required to help fill this gap with a nice gradual slope, explaining that the tall height implant would better fill the vertical gap in the same way that women who have a wide gap between their breasts require wider implants to better fill that particular space. I don’t want a super skinny chest and then a big boob suddenly sticking out. So this all made a lot of sense to me, although I was a little doubtful about achieving the natural looking result I’m hoping for with a 485cc high profile, but I was assured that the 485 HP would still look natural, and there was also the option of the mod profile in surgery if the HP didn't look right to him.

The second surgeon gave me options of 295cc, 330cc and 375cc, all of them being moderate plus profile medium height tear drops. He explained that because I am so skinny in the centre of my chest, where my skin is quite tight, there is a risk of the implant looking more unnaturally visible there (taking off too suddenly, making the breasts look obviously “done”). Therefore, he recommends a “dropped height” implant to avoid the risk of the top of the implant showing too much at the top part of my chest. He will pack as much muscle as possible over the tops and inner sides of the implant to make them look as natural as possible on my skinny chest, but surgeons never know exactly how much muscle they have to work with until they get to surgery, therefore, he would take in the three sizes mentioned above.

So, I have two surgeons providing completely different recommendations, and who identified two different problems and approaches to surgery, but I suppose this is somewhat common with the procedure given that every surgeon has their own style and preferences.

One says I should go more CC and tall height because of the vertical gap and to balance my body better. The other says I should go medium height and smaller CC because of my skinny chest and tight skin, placing emphasis on lower fullness and width to provide balance. One says I can pull off 485cc HP and still look natural, the other says 375cc MP and above will be pushing me more into the ‘enhanced’ type of look.

This has left me really confused about which way to go. I’m worried about looking too unnatural at the implant ‘take off’ points in the centre and top of my chest, but also worried about going too small!

I understand surgeons have different techniques to get particular looks. Both of these surgeons have great reviews and I like the look of their work respectively.

After looking at seemingly thousands of pictures online and reviews from various sites, it seems that girls of my height aiming for a D rarely get less than 400cc. Because of this, the suggested sizes of 295cc and 330cc sound as though they would be really small for what I’m hoping for, even though the surgeon who suggested them informed me that the 295cc would put me into a full C, and the 375cc into a full D! This seems at odds with a lot of results I’ve seen online and also to a degree with the other surgeon’s sizing. However, I totally respect both of their opinions and because of their reputations totally believe they know what they are talking about!

Could a 375cc mod profile tear drop really put a girl with my my height, broad shoulders and chest, starting at an A, into a full D cup? Will it be big enough for my frame?

Does 485cc HP sound a bit too big?

Does the logic behind the taller, bigger implant, make more sense, considering my long body, height, broad shoulders etc?  

I’ve checked the dimensions of all implants and interestingly the difference between the 375cc medium height MP and the 440cc tall height MP seems to be all in the height of the implant, the width and projection are only .5 different.

I think I would rather go slightly more into the enhanced look range than come out the other side too small. I’m just finding it difficult to decide either way. I’m confused as to just how significant the change between a tall height or a medium height implant will be on my body.

I’d love to hear anyone’s thoughts or suggestions about all of that, and what they might do, as well as anyone's experiences with sizes, implant heights etc. I’d love to hear from any tall, thin girls who went somewhere within the range of CC’s I am being suggested and see how they turned out size wise.

I'm not as tall as you (165cm) but it sounds like we have a similar chest width.  I started off with a 10A cup but never filled the cup.  I got 330cc medium height moderate plus anatomic implants in June.  I'm currently measuring at a 10D, but that could change as I've heard they can get bigger as they settle.

I'm not as tall as you either at 168cm but I have a long torso also and short dresses never fit because of this. I'm also 12.5 BWD and size 10 bottom and 6-8 top. I want BA to balance my body! I currently am a 10C however rather deflated it just seems to be for the width I think. But even wearing a 2plus size push up bra I still only look like a B cup :( in the pas I haf a consult looked at 410cc. This was no where near the limit available.  I'm now think 420 or very possibly 460. And I don't give a Damn what cup size I end up because I've learnt being a 10C now means nothing! I'm going for a look. 

So how did they look on you? Did you like the way the 485 looked on you?

My friend is taller than me and broader shoulders. She got 450 tear drop and she is a 12D and totally looks very natural. She coukd have gone a lot bigger and still not turn heads!

Its so hard to decide and yes 485 does sound biggish but at the same time I think for a tall girl with broad shoulders and a long torso looking to balance her body that 330 sounds small to me. 

Best of luck. Please let us know how you go.

Also I haven't had surgery yet so not the most qualified to answer but just sharing my thoughts with you :)

I'm about 2 inches shorter than you although my height is in my legs. My BWD is 12cm. I wanted small implants as just wanted something rather than a completely flat chest. I went round 360cc.   

My uninformed instinct suggests you should go the bigger one with your height etc. Mine are not big at all and nobody has noticed them (which is what I wanted!!) I'm currently wearing size 10D bras but look heaps smaller. you can FR me if you like to check out my before and after pics. 

Maybe see a third surgeon and hope they agree with one of the other two to help? Or go back and tell the one you prefer what the other said and see what their view is and reasons why they have recommended what they have?? 

To give you an idea I'm only 5'3 65kg and started out with a B cup. I got 445cc moderate rounds and am a full DD/E. If you're only wanting a C or D cup my opinion is that the 445 and 485 will take you to much bigger than your desired cup size. Oh and my BWD is 16cms. 

Edited by RH4K

If you are tall a bigger implant may look smaller on you than on a shorter person. I am 450 cc and an E-F cup I honestly look more like a D cup 

I'm always one to say go the biggest you are recommended cause nearly every girl I see gets disappointed with their size and realise its a lot smaller than they thought. I wouldn't go by cup size. A fake D cup will look like a natural C cup, maybe even a B 

Hi all, thank you so much for all your comments. It really is difficult! I think that getting a third consult and seeing where that lands is a good idea as one surgeon is recommending that my limit to get the natural look is 375cc and the other is recommending 485cc. And they are both recommending different types of implants based on my body shape which just adds to the confusion. One recommends a tall implant (445-485cc) due to my height as he feels that a shorter implant won't fill the vertical space between my breast and collarbone, and the other recommends a medium implant (375 cc) due to my bony and hollow chest as he feels that a tall implant will make me look more enhanced.

I guess the concern is coming out too small for my body height v coming out too enhanced looking due to my very bony chest. 

ok wow that was a lot to read haha! But if you check my posts you will see im just as crazy about size. I am 176cm (5'9) and 62kg. I am tall however my upper body is athletic and not so much skinny. I am a size 6 tops and size 8-10 bottoms. therefore im looking to proportion out as well.

I have been recommended by 2 surgeons the 300 range to get me to a C-D which is also what I want.

See my posts for photos etc. I am seeing dr Jake Lim in 3 weeks and getting either 300 cc mod + or 325 cc hp ROUND. I am likely to go with the HP because I have a bit of breast tissue at current so could get a natural look with the hp. :) x

Oh and my default photo is me wearing 325 cc HP sizers in a crop top.

I'm a little shorter than you at 175cm but also have a long torso, if you send me a FR you'll be able to see my pics :) I went 450cc mod plus starting out at a 10B and am an 8G at 2 months post op