Sjay

Do I have to buy my surgical bra from where my PS said??

when I booked my BA a few weeks ago I was given a leaflet and told to select a certain make and design bra for after myop- both choices are pricey and not the most attractive looking lol, I know none are great but I've seen much nicer ones. Do I have a say I this, do I have to buy through this one company or ami able to choose a different one I prefer? My surgeon is tony Connell if any of you ladies know from experience that would he helpful, thanks :) 

I don't think you have to. However, if something were to happen in your post op period he could say that you didn't follow post op instructions which is why you are having such issues. I hope that makes sense. I'm sure nothing will happen though, and Dr Connell is great so I can't imagine that happening. I personally wouldn't take the risk. Most surgeons don't seem to recommend a particular brand/style though, they re just strict about wearing a post op bra for 6-8 weeks. Can you find that brand bra online cheaper?

After after the initial week I've just been told to wear a sports bra like top top with no underwire... And the stabiliser band for 2 weeks.. Although I'm still wearing it at night for bed. I'm   17 days post op.