MezMoz

Sports bras at She Science (Melbs)

Hi ladies

Just thought I'd share the great experience I had getting fitted for a sports bra at She Science in Kew, Melbourne. Before my BA I was literally nipples on a chest so NO bra every fitted me properly and I chose bras based on the padding they offered rather than the support. I'm a size 8 in clothes but always bought a 12A bra, and never gave a thought about the bra being loose as that's how I liked them.

So I think it's fair to say I had no idea about how to choose a bra for myself, let alone a sports bra.

I went to She Science yesterday and was so impressed by the service I received and the education on choosing a sports bra. I tried on about 10 bras and ran on a treadmill while a video recorded to see how much support each bra provided. From 10 bras I selected 2 that I would be happy with and that supported me, and then chose one to buy. The sizes had me laughing - 8E and 10D. I'm clearly not a size 12 in bras.

Anyway, I'm not some troll trying to spruik products - I was genuinely impressed by the service and therefore recommend other ladies in Melbs to give them a visit, even if it's only to learn about how to pick a suitable bra. Full disclosure - I was given a voucher to She Science as part of my BA package with Craig Rubinstein.

Tish is amazing isnt she. I love love LOVE my bra's that she fitted me with and cannot recommend them highly enough.

They do phone and internet orders but I would recommend going in if you can. I thought i had supportive sports bras before but until i got myself into one of those babies, i realised how little support i was actually getting

Thanks for sharing your experience.  I have been feeling quite nervous about buying bra's once I am able (I am 5 weeks post op).  Although I am about an hours drive from Kew, clearly it is going to be worth my while!

thought i might plug my blog post here http://plasticsurgeryforum.com.au/blog/she-science-the-prescription-sports-bra/

I doubt that there is something similar in Sydney because Tish used to be a podiatrist and so developed this method of fitting around how shoes are fitted for running etc.

I would be inclined to give her a call, im sure she can make some really good recommendations for you over the phone

The bras weren't cheap but I guess you get what you pay for. The bra I took home was a Moving Comfort bra that was $90 but I also liked the Nike Pro Rival which was $75. I was in the Nike shop yesterday and saw the same bra for $80. 

They don't sell standard everyday bras, although I have been told to wear sports bras most of the time from now on to prevent sagging. I quite like the Berlei electrify wirefree bras my surgeon fitted me with as everyday bras and bought an extra one on EBay. 

I tried a push up bra for the first time yesterday. VaVaVoom!!! Hahaha.