TTaa

2 weeks post op, I have a few questions.

im 2 weeks post op and I'm still quite sore. I'm not in pain but I still can't really sleep anyway except on my back, my whole chest feels over sensitive.

my left breast has dropped a bit and isn't really that bad but my right is still quite high and sore

i still can't stand up totally straight, I have to slouch otherwise the skin under my incisions pulls.

just wondering if all this is normal and how long does it take before you feel totally "normal" again (no pulling, discomfort etc)

All sounds totally normal I'm afraid. I couldn't even begin to sleep on side until about five weeks post op and even then was on an angle for a while. Actually today was first day I have been comfortable lying on tummy when I had to at doctors office. (Surgery was 3 months ago). Can you ask your surgeon if anything can use on incision to help with the pulling you are having? Maybe bio oil or coconut oil and massage or something might help? I only really had that when putting arms above head or stretching and bio oil helps me with that. 

I'm going to assume right handed as that is most common that dominant side will be slower to heal and drop. So again all sounds normal. It really did take me about six weeks to feel "normal". 

All sounds totally normal I'm afraid. I couldn't even begin to sleep on side until about five weeks post op and even then was on an angle for a while. Actually today was first day I have been comfortable lying on tummy when I had to at doctors office. (Surgery was 3 months ago). Can you ask your surgeon if anything can use on incision to help with the pulling you are having? Maybe bio oil or coconut oil and massage or something might help? I only really had that when putting arms above head or stretching and bio oil helps me with that. 

I'm going to assume right handed as that is most common that dominant side will be slower to heal and drop. So again all sounds normal. It really did take me about six weeks to feel "normal". 

thanks 😊

Its not the incision itself that's pulling, it's my skin. It feels really gross.

thanks 😊

Its not the incision itself that's pulling, it's my skin. It feels really gross.

yeah I get what you mean as I still get it when doing pull ups etc a little. For me the bio oil seems to help as it felt worse when not moisteurised and dry if that makes sense?? I can see a difference in mirror too before and after using it. 

Hang in there. It will get better! I think you are probably at the worst point where feeling normal seems so far away but take the small gains - each day should feel better than the last so take that as a win each day!! 

I'm just over two weeks post op and also feeling the same Ttaa!!

Like if I stand up too straight I can feel the skin pulling. Not anywhere near sleeping on my side. Have been sleeping on my back the past few nights but cant get through the entire night. Last night, I had to get up at 5am and sleep on 45 degree angle until my alarm at 6.30am :S

Edited by melbba

I'm 6 weeks tomorrow and I'm still sore at times. It's not that it's painful, more a bit achy and im always aware of the new additions. The bone/muscle? right in the middle of my boobs gives me the most grief.

I have only just started sleeping on my side. It does get a lot better after two weeks so hang in there.