3 days post op questions and experiences

Jugs

Here's a little run down of my recovery so far:

I had extreme nausea and vomiting after I woke up after the general anaesthetic which continued until the end of day 1 post op. I was not expecting this much nausea. My surgeon suggested I stop the pain meds which has helped my nausea.  Luckily I haven't had much pain. I've only taken normal Panadol twice since. 

As I'm not on any pain killers I'm struggling to sleep during the night. I can't get comfortable even with all these pillows. When can I stop sleeping upright? When can I expect to sleep for more than a few hours here and there?

Following the advice of you lovely ladies I went up from 340cc to 360cc and finally decided on 385cc. I think I may have overdone it. They are fine for my frame but I think they are so much bigger than I expected and are very obvious. My fiancé is loving them even though I haven't let him see them without my bra as they are a bit torpedo looking. Will they shrink when swelling goes? How long before they start looking less torpedo-like? I'm worried they're going to stick out like a sore thumb when I go back to work!

I also bought a carefix anna which following the measurement and prophesied cup size should have fit - but it's a bit tight around the bust. Any chance it'll fit when the swelling goes? 

Jugs have u tried mersondyl ? Just a bit of codeine ? I had the night strength one the first night but it really helped as there's a calmative in it , I slept with 2 boomerang pillows only was more comfortable for me with a softer pillow in my lower back ,hope it helps and I hope u get some much needed sleep, size yea it's freaky I went 360 and I looked so big for about 2 weeks this last few days I've noticed the swelling reducing significantly :) im measuring a c cup so that's a bonus , wait for swelling to reduce 

Thanks Don, I think it's more the shape at the moment which is making them look huge. Fiance is calling me 'turbo titties' and 'hey big tits' haha so I'm anticipating some shrinkage when the swelling goes. When can I expect some small changes in regards to shape and swelling?
Katewell - I think the codeine is what was making me vomit and have extreme nausea. I was on panadene forte and now I'm off it I feel much better. I currently have two pillows and my boomerang on my lower back. I've twisted onto my side a bit to take some pressure off my back but that seems to make the boobies sore.

Also, showering! I feel a bit of pain showering when the girls aren't supported. I had a quick shower yesterday but the weight made me do a rush job. I'm hoping to be able to wash my hair today. Any tips for showering?

That sucks ! Showering I made hubby wash my hair or I would of had to tip my head over and do it like you would in a sink ! Can u get tramadol? Maybe ask surgeon or local gp for a script seems to be good for people with codeine sensitivity , I hope you find your comfy nook ,took a bit of arranging but I finally found mine on night 3 ,last night I slept on my side .:) it does get better x

It took a few days before I had a decent sleep and I think it was from sheer exhaustion. I still have a bit of trouble getting comfortable and lying on my side still gets the girls a bit achy (I'm 3 weeks PO). I still am sleeping on my pillow fort on about a 30 degree angle (a little less than when I first had surgery). 

Mine were definitely torpedo looking and have settled down a bit (both in swelling and pointy-ness), but they still have a long way to go. 

Showering wasn't too bad for me (except when drying off). And I found I could wash my hair if I moved my head more and my arms less. It's a bit hard to reach the top of your head initially without tilting your head towards your hands. Just go slow and it should hopefully be do-able. 

Take care and just keep resting - even when you can't sleep, just make sure you rest x

im a week post op and im almost sleeping completely though. Its still uncomfortable because I was never a 'back' sleeper but im getting use to it. I remember the first 4 days I was only sleeping 2-3 hours at a time it was hell.

I'm still sleeping on a 45 degree angle because I find when I lie completely flat I wake up in a lot of pain and feel a lot more swollen.

The swelling goes down a heap as well but it takes at least 2 weeks

Calm down sista it's swelling they will settle a lot more. There's no way 385 can be too big don't stress you are way early days yet 

Yep. They will be noticeably smaller once the swelling goes down. 385cc isn't big. My post op bra was so tight and leaving idents in the early post op days, but now it fits just right at 3 weeks post op. They will definitely shrink (unfortunately...).

Thanks girls :) I'm actually looking forward to them shrinking a little and looking less torpedo like. My carefix anna is too tight to even wear when it should fit up to a DD. My berlei is a DD and also very tight. 

I managed to have a decent shower, wash my hair and do my make up after lunch so I'm feeling much better. It's so hot though and I have to wear long button up shirt to hide these bazookas haha. 

@Jugs, I'm getting 385's tomorrow too and am getting a little concerned that they may look too big on me (from my own perspective), however from what I have now to ANYTHING is going to look huge for at least a little while since I'm pretty much starting with nothing. Hope they settle a little more for you soon and you can see them in a new light and be happy with them. 

Sending you a FR too so I can follow your progress :) 

Here's a little run down of my recovery so far:

I had extreme nausea and vomiting after I woke up after the general anaesthetic which continued until the end of day 1 post op. I was not expecting this much nausea. My surgeon suggested I stop the pain meds which has helped my nausea.  Luckily I haven't had much pain. I've only taken normal Panadol twice since. 

As I'm not on any pain killers I'm struggling to sleep during the night. I can't get comfortable even with all these pillows. When can I stop sleeping upright? When can I expect to sleep for more than a few hours here and there?

Following the advice of you lovely ladies I went up from 340cc to 360cc and finally decided on 385cc. I think I may have overdone it. They are fine for my frame but I think they are so much bigger than I expected and are very obvious. My fiancé is loving them even though I haven't let him see them without my bra as they are a bit torpedo looking. Will they shrink when swelling goes? How long before they start looking less torpedo-like? I'm worried they're going to stick out like a sore thumb when I go back to work!

I also bought a carefix anna which following the measurement and prophesied cup size should have fit - but it's a bit tight around the bust. Any chance it'll fit when the swelling goes? 

I hope it wasn't too painful for your vomitting after your op! Sounds awful.

Are you still taking panadol now? If you're in pain I would be...otherwise there's a few different options you can just ask for at the chemist. I went into a chemist and said I've had a BA and this hurts/can't sleep etc and they were really helpful.

My boobs in the beginning (390s) were MASSIVE, up under my chin and torpedo like. They've gone down heaps since the first week or so, and look amazing and round now. My bras hurt in the beginning too but now I wear them to bed (and sometimes to work) as they're finally comfy.

I didn't sleep property for 7 weeks. Yep, 7. And I slept propped up for 10 weeks. Even now at nearly 12 weeks po I've got 2 pillows. However a few girls sleep upright for a week and that's it. My PS said I ha to sleep upright for 4 weeks minimum so I smashed that. Haha. Recovery is a very individual thing so listen to your body.

Im in the same boat.. Post op 6 i had 520 and 480cc lol i nearly got 450ss but changed my mind. I to had sensitivity to pandene forte and stopped taking it.. I know gave endone and ibuprofen but still in so much pain. Morings are the worst but i do love throwing out the padded bras lol x

You poor thing, I can totally sympathise with your sensitivity to the panadeine forte! I hope that the other meds give you some relief!

I hope it wasn't too painful for your vomitting after your op! Sounds awful.

Are you still taking panadol now? If you're in pain I would be...otherwise there's a few different options you can just ask for at the chemist. I went into a chemist and said I've had a BA and this hurts/can't sleep etc and they were really helpful.

My boobs in the beginning (390s) were MASSIVE, up under my chin and torpedo like. They've gone down heaps since the first week or so, and look amazing and round now. My bras hurt in the beginning too but now I wear them to bed (and sometimes to work) as they're finally comfy.

I didn't sleep property for 7 weeks. Yep, 7. And I slept propped up for 10 weeks. Even now at nearly 12 weeks po I've got 2 pillows. However a few girls sleep upright for a week and that's it. My PS said I ha to sleep upright for 4 weeks minimum so I smashed that. Haha. Recovery is a very individual thing so listen to your body.

It wasn't too painful, it was just a dreadful slow build up to each vomit. I could feel it building up but knew there was nothing I could do to stop it. Luckily the nausea left 24 hours after I stopped taking the panadeine forte. After that I only took panadol twice. I was very very lucky to experience no pain - just tightness and nausea.

I'm day 6 today and already seeing a bit of a change. My surgeon thinks they look fantastic.Glad to hear your bras got more comfortable as your boobs settled. I can't wait to get to that stage! And 7 weeks without a decent sleep is crazy! I'm going to try and sleep upright for as long as possible. Hopefully I can last another two weeks or so!

I had my second post op appointment today. Things are well and I'm off all of my meds. I finally got my dressings off and have micropore tape to use for another 2 weeks then I'm supposed to start using siltape. This seems early though... most other girls seem to be instructed to wait 6-8 weeks? I also have a weird straight line bruise above my incisions. Anyone have any ideas? The surgeon didn't say anything and I only just noticed. I'm not worried, just curious :)

I also drove for the first time today with very minimal discomfort considering I drive a manual. I decided to go on a bit of a shopping trip which was a bad idea. I felt quite faint walking around and nearly got stranded at the shopping centre when I had to sit down to recover. Not sure if this is to do with the surgery because I have felt like this every now and again before my BA. I'm home now lying down and think i'll stay in bed for a few hours to recooperate. Sorry for the extra long story guys haha.

My carefix anna didn't fit right away. After about day 10 post op it fit really well. So much that I bought another the other day. No idea why everyone says they're so difficult to hide under normal clothes. I have no issue with the anna at all.

I think steering around corners was the hardest part about driving post op.

I think steering around corners was the hardest part about driving post op.

i started driving again around day 5, but my poor car, i couldnt change it to 5th gear for a few days after that, so had to drive along the highway in 4th all the time. Could hear my poor engine saying "geez woman, just put me up another gear!" Hahaha.

I drive a jeep with a big v8 and bloody heavy steering.. I had to resort back to the push pull method of driving when going around corners and just doing it all a little slower, which makes no sense to anyone around me with this loud car taking what felt like 5 hours to turn a corner!

thank god for sensors and a rear camera to help with parking cause twisting wasn't much fun either!