boobalicious_melb

Bra fitting

Hi ladies, i know its probably been asked soo many times lol where did you get fitted for a bra? And my biggest concern do they comment on the implants?  Do they notice? Its kinda embarrassing for someone unknown to stare at your new breasts lol

Thanx ladies

I've been fitted at both bras n things and bravo lingerie , yes they did comment on implants but nothing bad :) they explain how I need different bras for my boobs and they talk about what other girls with implants have recommended and over all just ask you how u feel etc , they really interested in them lol it's not uncomfortable at all as they kinda take that extra time with you so you have the right fit as its pretty much our first experience with bras and I know I had no clue what fitted of didn't 👙💋

Thanks so much for asking this question and thanks @katewell for your insight!  Being a 10A I've never been fitted for a bra and was thinking once I get my implants I would need to, which will be quite a daunting and in a strange way an embarrassing experience!  I guess the ladies doing the fitting have seen it all before.  Do you literally say "I've just had a BA and I need a fitting?"

Edited by Big Booty Judy

Hehe if you still have the tape on they figure it out and they still sitting quite high I found even at 3 months so they do know ! They need to touch them in a non pervy way lol kinda with the tape measure thingy so they can tell but if you wanna get it out of the way just say what I did ! I just paid for my boobies and I need a bra and don't know what fits them ! Takes all the awkwardness away I found but I'm a bit of a clown and would rather have the first laugh on my own expense 😝

You don't need to be fitted if you don't want to be as long as you know how a bra should fit. 

I've found that at a couple of boutiques the lady literally comes into the fitting room with you. Awkward. 

No one has ever commented on my implants or lift scars but they do talk about your anatomy and why a particular style of bra will fit you best. 

Thanx heaps ladies 😙  its soo exciting but daunting as well 😯 i have bren fitted before but I just feel i suppose protective lol of my new girls and this would be a new experience for me. I never thought that the implants sit differently in the bra so thanx that's insightful 😉 i just have to get the courage to go next week 😣 but honestly i cant wait to actually fill out a bra and have NO padding 😄

I've found just to be honest because then it relaxes the staff member and they fell less awkward.

I was at bras and things and said to the girl (I was looking for no soft wire bras) 'I only got them done a couple weeks ago and I'm not sure if I'm a D or DD' I think I made her feel more awkward to be honest but she looked quite young and naive but once I made her aware I was comfortable it was fine.

Girls when did you get a fitting? Because I'm a lover of all things bras (especially Playboy!) I don't want to buy them and find a month or so later they're not fitting as well. I'll ask my PS at my post op appt but was just curious on your thoughts :)

Completely agree with the Playboy bras ! I just find they fit my shape so well - I can't say I'm a fan of the really intense ones haha but I have a few from them that I really love :D I wouldn't want to waste money on them either and find out later they don't fit haha. I actually am the same but with bathers at the moment ! My surgery is next week and I am going away over New Years to Bali - my PS said I will be fine to wear bathers for a few hours at a time. I have already purchased a cheap pair that I can exchange if it doesn't fit afterwards (thank you Iconic !) but I want to get a seafolly pair that are a little more durable. In terms of bikini size, is it fairly safe to buy a bikini 2-3 weeks post op?

Completely agree with the Playboy bras ! I just find they fit my shape so well - I can't say I'm a fan of the really intense ones haha but I have a few from them that I really love :D I wouldn't want to waste money on them either and find out later they don't fit haha. I actually am the same but with bathers at the moment ! My surgery is next week and I am going away over New Years to Bali - my PS said I will be fine to wear bathers for a few hours at a time. I have already purchased a cheap pair that I can exchange if it doesn't fit afterwards (thank you Iconic !) but I want to get a seafolly pair that are a little more durable. In terms of bikini size, is it fairly safe to buy a bikini 2-3 weeks post op?

what size are you going geek?

Well, I'm fairly sure my implants will be 350 and 375cc - my surgeon has to decide on the day but they could be slightly less - he said he has to use sizers to be sure. This should take me to about a D coming from an 10A and B

I found bikinis fine to buy pretty early in crops or triangle but not underwire. Bikinis I bought early (about three weeks maybe??) still fit me now but they do look very different from when I first bought them. 

I went bra shopping at six weeks and was too shy then to get fitted so I measured myself at home and used an online calculator and then just went and tried a heap in all different shapes and styles as I found it all so different from my previous experience of "is this enough padding, too much gape". It was quite overwhelming and I preferred to do it on my own to get a feel for what style etc I liked. 

I didn't end up buying any then though as at six weeks they still didn't fit into a cup properly so I waited a few more weeks before shopping again. Size wise they didn't change but fit wise definitely. 

Oh hooray I got 325cc's :) he'll pick the best size for you- I put all my trust in him and said make me beautiful so he picked my size and I'm soo happy. In regards to swimwear I put my old ones on and they fit it's just a matter of how much coverage lol because there's obviously more tissue now but otherwise they're wearable so if you buy bikinis 2-3wks post op I'm sure you'll find a pair that'll stay with you for a long time - bikinis are easy to shop for in regards to sizing 

I found bikinis fine to buy pretty early in crops or triangle but not underwire. Bikinis I bought early (about three weeks maybe??) still fit me now but they do look very different from when I first bought them. 

I went bra shopping at six weeks and was too shy then to get fitted so I measured myself at home and used an online calculator and then just went and tried a heap in all different shapes and styles as I found it all so different from my previous experience of "is this enough padding, too much gape". It was quite overwhelming and I preferred to do it on my own to get a feel for what style etc I liked. 

I didn't end up buying any then though as at six weeks they still didn't fit into a cup properly so I waited a few more weeks before shopping again. Size wise they didn't change but fit wise definitely. 

I can't even imagine buying a bra that actually fits me properly because I honestly feel as if no bra EVER has ! Probably due to my asymmetry haha. I can imagine myself doing something similar the first time around and just trying on a heap :p

Oh hooray I got 325cc's :) he'll pick the best size for you- I put all my trust in him and said make me beautiful so he picked my size and I'm soo happy. In regards to swimwear I put my old ones on and they fit it's just a matter of how much coverage lol because there's obviously more tissue now but otherwise they're wearable so if you buy bikinis 2-3wks post op I'm sure you'll find a pair that'll stay with you for a long time - bikinis are easy to shop for in regards to sizing 

Depending on what he decides I may be 325 & 350 or 350 & 375 - I trust him to make the right decision and in the end that's not a huge difference ! That's awesome to hear thank you I hoped that it would be that way haha. Now I just have to try and keep that body fat down during recovery so I can actually be seen in a bikini ;) 

Well, I'm fairly sure my implants will be 350 and 375cc - my surgeon has to decide on the day but they could be slightly less - he said he has to use sizers to be sure. This should take me to about a D coming from an 10A and B

Gee, did you visit the shop to buy the post op bra that he recommends to go to, or did you order it from them over the phone? They gave me the brochure and said to just call them to order it...or do they sell the same thing online?? 

Babe I bought 2 sets of bikini's two days after my BA! I got 330's and was already a B ended up buying a size 14 triangle seafolly top and then a size 10 bandeau type top.. 2 weeks later (just last weekend) I bought another seafolly triangle also in the 14 top and they even better because the swelling has gone down... I'm sitting about D/DD atm.. One pair is in my gallery with comparison photos.. I could maybe go a 12 but I prefer to be more conservative with family friends and kids around when we are boating compared with the beach.

Gee, did you visit the shop to buy the post op bra that he recommends to go to, or did you order it from them over the phone? They gave me the brochure and said to just call them to order it...or do they sell the same thing online?? 

I didn't visit them I just did it over the phone you just have to measure your band size and then a measurement at your nipples too. They were a bit funny about me ordering over the phone haha I had an older lady and she was like 'oh I wish Dr Rahdon wouldn't tell people you can order over the phone' hahaha and she didn't want to post it to me in case it got 'lost in the mail' :p They ordered me a black one though and dropped it into his office for the day of surgery. Unfortunately I couldn't find the bra he wants us to use online anywhere, however I have ordered a Carefix Anna bra in white off zodee to wear in between washes or in case the other one gets a bit uncomfortable because it seems to be very similar. So good luck when you call ;) 

oh gosh hahaha ok thanks for letting me know :D I will definitely be getting a second bra one as well. I've read so many good things about the Carefix Anna bra. I will have a look into that one too