SaKB

Trying to fill lines around my mouth

I just had the strangest experience trying to fill smile lines at the corners of my mouth.  First, the injector recommended Radiesse to go around the border of my face, the theory being that the extra volume would pull the lines around my mouth away.  So, I had two treatments but noticed essentially no change.  When she showed me the before and after photos, she was sure I looked much better but, really, I cant see any difference.  When I asked about the lines around my mouth, she said to me, "Oh, but those are quite sweet."   When I mentioned that those were what I was trying to treat, she recommended hyaluronic acid.  Now, I have a lumpy of hyaluronic acid at the sides of my mouth, over and around which the lines are still visible.  After it was all said and done, she said to me, "Of course, I could have treated the mouth lines by injecting the Radiesse in a different area but, I thought you needed it in the other area more."   I'd have to say, having spent about 2500 dollars, that I'm not impressed with injectables.  Has anybody had a positive experience with Radiesse and has anyone else developed a lump with hyaluronic acid?  Is there some treatment for smile lines that actually works?  FYI I'm about 51 and living in the Brisbane area.  Any recommendations appreciated.

I just had 2 Mls of jervaderm (spelling?) used around my mouth as I was unhappy with my smile lines.. So far happy with the results.. Only spent $600.. I was told it will last 12-14 months and a top up is recommended at 9 months 

mms_20151127_214055.jpg

I just had 2 Mls of jervaderm (spelling?) used around my mouth as I was unhappy with my smile lines.. So far happy with the results.. Only spent $600.. I was told it will last 12-14 months and a top up is recommended at 9 months 

It looks amazing! What a difference :)