December_boobs

Impatience

My surgery is 10 days away and I go on annual leave in 7.

I feel like the time is dragging even though I'm busying myself at work / with general activities while at home. Is this normal? I'm driving myself crazy! My sleeps are filled with restlessness because the excitement hits when I close my eyes & when I'm able to get some shut eye in I'm woken up by dreams of surgery.

Omg I am exactly the same!!! My days at work are dragging so badly. It makes me cranky! I have 10 days of work left and surgery in 14 days. 

Are you having bad dreams? Or just normal about the surgery itself? 

More than feeling anxious or excited I am actually feeling very low. Low self confidence and kinda depressed. 

My partner and I spent the weekend just gone with friends and every photo he took of us I absolutely hated. I hate my nose so much and I focus on it in every photo. I upset him because I told him not to take any more photos of me and I untagged myself in the all on social media. 

I also felt depressed about going out and the top I bought to wear and all I could think about where how sad my boobs looked. I literally wear tops with a high neck every day for the past year. 

I know I sound like such a whinger and I know I should be thankful for being healthy and alive but it's like I'm at breaking point now... 

It sounds the same as when you waiting for bubs to come out during pregnancy , the impatience , the fears, the excitement the restlessness ,the nightmares I felt the same way about my boobs kinda like I did with last months of pregnancy 

I couldn't describe it better myself! I feel like I'm nesting with all the cleaning I'm doing! My surgery is Tuesday and the last few days have just flown by and I'm sure the next 4 will too. Your time will be here before you know it! 😀

it took forever between booking and my phone consult. Then I had 4 weeks to surgery, the first 3 weeks went really slow then panic mode it, the OMG SO MUCH TO DO NO TIME. Then the last two days before I left for Sydney it was like I was nesting I clean out everything. Got to Sydney Tuesday night totally calm and not really even excited. Wednesday was my sizing appointment and it was odd totally calm and content to just let Dr m do whatever he thought would work. Thursday i had to be up at 5 for breakfast by 11:30 when i got to hospital i was so thirsty and hungry i just wanted it over so i could eat and drink.

@BA&Rhino

Hallelujah I'm not alone! I've had one bad dream that I can clearly remember because I woke up in tears but otherwise they've been random ie. Me wearing a low cut top strutting it down the street, me in front of the mirror groping my assets.

My boyfriend commented and said I've been laughing a lot in my sleep 😝

I can completely relate to the low moods and little to no confidence...it can be very draining battling with the voices in your mind that criticise your every flaw, but I'm trying to stay positive because I don't want to slip into a deep depression. Been there, done that.

Have you tried talking to him about why you were upset? From experience, it's very hard to express feelings of inadequacy and can lead to frustration, but, in the end it's always worthwhile because it allows your significant other to see into your mind. Yeah, he might not have the same insecurities about his body but at least he can try to understand your perspective.

& you're definitely not a whinger, this forum is targeted towards women who need support and by reaching out we'll be able to try our best to give that to you!

@Shayne

Fingers crossed the time goes quickly!

I can really relate to this before my surgery - so much so that I kept wanting to call in sick and just make the days go by faster at home hahaha. I used my time to do things like take heaps of pre-op photos which you may hate now but I feel like I'll cherish them later on and love comparing. I also set some goals to lose a bit of body fat before the big day and just go used on these things to keep my mind occupied ☺️ I had soooo many weird dreams (both good and bad) leading up to my big day hahaha I slept talked a lot too it's pretty funny 

Haha 'groping my assets' that made me laugh! My boyfriend tells me when I laugh in my sleep too. 😄

I have had a few conversations with him about how and when I'm feeling that way. I think it takes him by surprise just how bad my confidence has gotten. I guess I hide it well. 

You're right though, it is a positive experience and I should give myself a break and just enjoy the days leading into it as its not far away now. 

Thanks for your reply. It's helped me feel more upbeat tonight about it all. 

it took forever between booking and my phone consult. Then I had 4 weeks to surgery, the first 3 weeks went really slow then panic mode it, the OMG SO MUCH TO DO NO TIME. 

This is me right now!!

I have also gone into cleaning frenzy because I know that I'll be incapacitated for a couple of weeks :p