Sign in to follow this  
Blossom

How much is too much 3 weeks post op

I'm 3 weeks PO, and feeling completely back to normal, but now keep questioning myself with a lot of what I am doing of it's too much too soon. Lifting, carrying, stretching etc... nothing hurts, so I'm guessing it's all ok but it just makes me wonder if I'm doing more than I should be at this stage. 

I would still urge you to be careful even if you feel good. Honestly, if I went on feeling good, I would've been back at it the day after surgery (if I didn't have drains in). For my entire recovery I was able to lift my arms above my head, had no pain, was able to move around without hindrance and felt 100% normal. But I was told that it's not so much about doing yourself damage, it's more about the fact you are still healing inside & you risk prolonging the healing process. I was also told that you need to keep your heart rate down for 6 weeks in order to limit the chance of infection, internal bleeding etc. 

Awesome to hear you are recovering so well though! Hopefully things just keep getting better & better! :) 

Thanks girls. I am trying to take things easy still but do things without thinking about it :/ Glad to hear though that it won't cause any damage to the implant, I keep picturing in my head tearing the pocket or something and having a boob move to somewhere it shouldn't be!! 

Perhaps go according to your post op instructions?

I wasn't really given any apart from not to lift my arms above my head for 2 weeks and no picking up my toddler, and no running/heavy excersise for 6 weeks, whereas I know other girls get lists of do's and dont's. 

I wasn't really given any apart from not to lift my arms above my head for 2 weeks and no picking up my toddler, and no running/heavy excersise for 6 weeks, whereas I know other girls get lists of do's and dont's. 

Well, I think with these instructions you should be fine with what you are doing.   :-)

Im 3 days post op and am traveling along as i was before i got BA. Im back at work (sit down boring office job). Still little sore but nothing that isn't manageable but certainly woundn't be game enough for quite awhile to do anything more. I was told 6 weeks before trying anything up body wise.

:)