Referred pain in back after BA

Prettyoriginal

Hi ladies,

Repost as I accidentally posted in the wrong forum!

I had had my BA This morning at 7am. Feeling fine from the surgery itself and the pain is really manageable around the incisions with only a little pressure. The panadeine Forte prescribed is doing just fine for this.

Unfortunately I had spinal surgery 5 years ago and  have two long titanium rods and screws through the length of back - used to straighten a 65 degree curve..

Both surgeon and hospital were made aware of this and were only concerned about my ability to lay flat etc which is all good. 

I do however now have stabbing referred pain into the left side of my back immediately behind my chest :( the panadeine forte isn't cutting it, and never has with my back problems.

should I be contacting my surgeon or going to my local GP? Not sure what to do, it really sucks because boob wise, I'm feeling great!

thanks ladies xx

Since you only had surgery today, I would be contacting your surgeon and asking for a prescription for stronger analgesia. When they put the implants in, they use a fair bit of pressure and manipulate them a bit so it may be that has caused your back to flare up a bit. How were you planning on sleeping tonight? You might do best sleeping upright? I slept my first night bolt upright on the couch with my feet on a chair. 

Prettyoriginal I had my BA yesterday morning and I am experiencing the same kind of pain - an aching pain in my left breast that's seems to go all the way through to my back. 

I was taking endone and that seems to help the pain when I am lying down, but I noticed that if I do sit upright the pain subsides. Have been sitting and napping upright most of today and find I don't need the pain meds so much. 

Oh poor you Msmelbournian :( though im glad to hear I'm not alone, makes coping with the rods easier haha. ah I wish I had endones I always found they targeted my back pain much better than anything else. 

Both of you ladies are right about the sitting up part - it does help! Though it ether straight upright like you said or flat laying down, there's no inbetween for me because I can't curve!

Perhaps il ask when they call me tomorrow what they suggest and then get my GP to write the script because it's closer.

Thanks for the advice ladies! I don't know what I would do without this forum. Freak out about everything no doubt!xx ?

Edited by Prettyoriginal
Didn't see other response