Mum of three

Implant shape/size for very slim person?

Hello, I am currently looking at getting my breasts done after breast feeding 3 children and I just wondered if anyone of you were also quite skinny (I am 47kg, 163cm tall) when you had them done? If so, could your surgeon achieve a natural look for you? Round or teardrop? Size? 

I am pretty much a 8-10AA cup and quite bony and I am really scared that I will end up with that "hard ball" look!😁

Also, any surgeon recommendations in QLD or Sydney that aren't too expensive yet still very good?  

I would like to set a limit of about $8000 max for the operation if i can. 

thankyou for your help. 

Hi , it really depends on your base width dimensions ! I'm quite petite 50 kg 165 cm yet I have a very wide base width of 14 cm so I could go bigger easier without it looking odd ! Ideally I wanted 275 but the smallest I could go was 360 cc and that still gave me quite a wide gap but I'd rather that. I'm in a DD cup , have you had consultations done ? This will help you to be able to decide and be able to compare stats with the recommendations given to you by surgeons , good luck on your journey 🌺 

Hi Mum of three. I'm quite small too. 166cm 49kg, BWD of 10.5cm. I went with round moderate plus 200cc over the muscle. They look pretty natural, definitely not bolted on. I was a 10b prior to my surgery, so did have some breast tissue. You can request me as a friend if you want and look at my pictures 😄

In regards to surgeons, sorry I can't help with that as I am in  Melbourne. 

Missyhu and kannc, interested as to why over the muscle? Wouldn't that make the implant more noticeable? 

So much that I still have to learn! 

Not more noticeable at all. For me it is because I do a lot of gym work and exercise. This way the implant won't move. If under the muscle it does this strange shape/move when flexing etc not that I do body building but I do weights 3x per week. Works better for fitness basically. 

Hi there

I'm 158cm & 52kg and was a 10A pre-op. I have a very small bwd of 10 and 10.5 (asymmetrical boobies).  I had my surgery 4 weeks ago and ended up with round 270cc and 300cc under the muscle.  This was the absolute biggest I could go with my bwd.  I really wanted to go over the muscle due to my active lifestyle but my surgeon highly recommended against it as I'm quite lean (body fat wise) and he said it would give me more of a bolted on look.  Feel free to FR me if you want to see my pics.  Keep in mind my boobs are only 4 weeks young and so they haven't dropped & fluffed much yet.

:) 

Missyhu and kannc, interested as to why over the muscle? Wouldn't that make the implant more noticeable? 

I would avoid over the muscle with your stats :) 

I am also quite petite and over the muscle can look very very fake and very bolted on to your chest....unless you have a good amount of pre-existing breast tissue I would steer clear of as you will mostly likely get that 'hard ball' look you don't want.

I've had 3 BA's and always have been advised to go under the muscle to achieve a biggish but natural result.

My sister, who has also had a couple of BA's (her stats are 156cm, 45kg and 8AAA in the bust), got overs with her first BA - terrible fake result, they looked like 2 hard oranges stuck to her chest.  (A bit like Posh Spice's old ones :( )

I think go under the muscle, you'll end up with a much more natural & aesthetically pleasing result :) 

Good luck with it xxx

I actually have a good amount of existing breast tissue which is why over the muscle will work. It really depends on your body type. That's why it's best to talk to your surgeon who has the expertise.

I would avoid over the muscle with your stats :) 

I am also quite petite and over the muscle can look very very fake and very bolted on to your chest....unless you have a good amount of pre-existing breast tissue I would steer clear of as you will mostly likely get that 'hard ball' look you don't want.

I've had 3 BA's and always have been advised to go under the muscle to achieve a biggish but natural result.

My sister, who has also had a couple of BA's (her stats are 156cm, 45kg and 8AAA in the bust), got overs with her first BA - terrible fake result, they looked like 2 hard oranges stuck to her chest.  (A bit like Posh Spice's old ones :( )

I think go under the muscle, you'll end up with a much more natural & aesthetically pleasing result :) 

Good luck with it xxx

8AAA?!?! Does that even exist?! 

I had enough breast tissue, so my PS recommended over the muscle 😄

I have to say your BA looks amazing! Great work by your surgeon :) 

I had hardly no breast tissue only a 10AA if even that and I got overs ! Definetly don't look bolted on ! With time the tissue stretches as I had a curved chest unders would of looked very wide set so we went overs it has to do with your chest wall anatomy aswell 

yes, but you have a reasonable sized bandwidth from memory, don't you? I'm looking at it from the perspective of very petite ladies that also have a small bandwidth :)

Hi I am 160cm tall and weigh 46kg. I hardly fill a 10a bra. I'm only allowed to go under the muscle due to the lack of breast tissue. I had a consult with Dr Lim & Dr T.

Dr T only allows me to have teardrop implants. 290 or 330cc whatever fits better. He will try both during surgery. 

Dr Lim gave me an option of rounds 255 or teardrops 320. 

I was considering rounds because i was worried about rotation. But Dr T seemed to think it would be close to impossible because of the tightness of the pockets. 

Im so in two minds about this! Been thinking about it for a long time but can't make up my mind! If you can get away with rounds, Dr Lim's fees are about $7000 and he's a plastic surgeon. Good luck with your boob quest! 

I'm 165cm and 52kg and barely filled an A cup. I went 285cc anatomical under the muscle and I think I've managed to get really natural results. I went with Dr Scamp and it cost me around $11k, but I have heard good things about Broadhurst and I think he's quite a bit cheaper. I didn't have a consult with him though. 

Move got lots of progress pics. If you want to take a look, just send me a FR. 

yes, but you have a reasonable sized bandwidth from memory, don't you? I'm looking at it from the perspective of very petite ladies that also have a small bandwidth :)

bandwidth has to do with size of implant not the placement , having unders which I had the first time made my implants push into my armpits ! It's about your anatomy on placement , everyone's different and unders don't work for me it gave me a think of posh spice boobies( went into my armpits as muscles flex displaced them there ) , the skin does stretch either way with overs or unders , I have had 590cc overs and they looked huge but not bolted on 🍒

bandwidth has to do with size of implant not the placement , having unders which I had the first time made my implants push into my armpits ! It's about your anatomy on placement , everyone's different and unders don't work for me it gave me a think of posh spice boobies( went into my armpits as muscles flex displaced them there ) , the skin does stretch either way with overs or unders , I have had 590cc overs and they looked huge but not bolted on 🍒

If you have a smaller bandwidth and no existing breast tissue it is better to go under the muscle if you want the most natural result possible.  A 'stuck on look' can result in thin women with limited chest wall tissue coverage and a small bandwidth. 

You are also likely to get a higher chance of rippling if you choose a moderate to large size implant too.

So yes, bandwidth can factor into implant placement, especially in petite women - contrary to what you believe.

Its really dependant on your individual anatomy (including BW) whether unders or overs suit you better - I'm not saying one placement is better than the other.

Why's good for you isn't for everyone , I've had a few breast aug and for my anatomy unders look bad , plus I don't think every petite girl has same band width I'm size 6 yet I'm wide but have a 8 band but wide chest , try to work that one out 🙀 It really is up to the surgeon preference and your chest anatomy ! Every partial under becomes a over in the end as the muscle releases it hence dropping , I guess we can disagree I've spent a tonne of money and research after having to rectify unders as they were not suited to my body ! Each to there own , I'm also not stating to get overs I'm just showing the differences as what's good for you is not for another , that's all we should research these things as fixing unders is very costly and I was very blessed that I could fix it as it hard to go over the muscle after unders ! Anyone who seen me knows how petite and Boney my chest is can't get over how good my overs look ! Again il say it's about the chest wall and how yours sit this has gone way off subject sorry for that ! Not a unders vs overs just looking into it anyway most girls have unders from what I can see think it's most surgeons preference , I had to find a reconstructive surgeon who would fix my breast and he suggested overs I was shocked seeing what most people recommend in the end I went overs and they look very natural I would say 

Why's good for you isn't for everyone , I've had a few breast aug and for my anatomy unders look bad , plus I don't think every petite girl has same band width I'm size 6 yet I'm wide but have a 8 band but wide chest , try to work that one out 🙀 It really is up to the surgeon preference and your chest anatomy ! Every partial under becomes a over in the end as the muscle releases it hence dropping , I guess we can disagree I've spent a tonne of money and research after having to rectify unders as they were not suited to my body ! Each to there own , I'm also not stating to get overs I'm just showing the differences as what's good for you is not for another , that's all we should research these things as fixing unders is very costly and I was very blessed that I could fix it as it hard to go over the muscle after unders ! Anyone who seen me knows how petite and Boney my chest is can't get over how good my overs look ! Again il say it's about the chest wall and how yours sit this has gone way off subject sorry for that ! Not a unders vs overs just looking into it anyway most girls have unders from what I can see think it's most surgeons preference , I had to find a reconstructive surgeon who would fix my breast and he suggested overs I was shocked seeing what most people recommend in the end I went overs and they look very natural I would say 

I have seen a fair few amazing overs so far. They all looked natural to me.... like you said, it really does depend on your body type (even if you are petite). I say let the surgeon decide what's best :p :) 

Overs can look good but the best ones I've seen are on women with a good amount of pre-existing breast tissue - these always seem to look the most natural to me :)

On lean women with very little breast tissue they can look a little faker, especially when they are small framed & get a big implant & only have a small BW.

I think each to their own!  Both can look good - depending on your anatomy. 

Mum of three, I too am interested in the response from the girls. I had my initial consult today and am leaning towards teardrop but undecided re above or below muscle. Appreciate feedback.

ive had both under muscle and over muscle but im so glad they are over the muscle now!  under was so uncomfortable for me i dont know if it was just me ! also i didnt have much tissue but  ive got thick skin lol so its ok ! and dont be scared going up more ccs !  and please do your research on who you go with! dont ever just go with 1 person!  i really learnt the hard way paid over 13k from a botched job then again another 15k!  look at reviews ! and advice if u see a surgeon with no reviews it means they are not really popular....  good luck! x

Hello, I am currently looking at getting my breasts done after breast feeding 3 children and I just wondered if anyone of you were also quite skinny (I am 47kg, 163cm tall) when you had them done? If so, could your surgeon achieve a natural look for you? Round or teardrop? Size? 

I am pretty much a 8-10AA cup and quite bony and I am really scared that I will end up with that "hard ball" look!😁

Also, any surgeon recommendations in QLD or Sydney that aren't too expensive yet still very good?  

I would like to set a limit of about $8000 max for the operation if i can. 

thankyou for your help.