barbalicious40

how long until internal stitches dissolve?😞

Hiya ladies

Im 10 weeks PO tomorrow and have a couple of lumps in incision on righty ..sent pix into surgeon and they are the dissolvable stitches ..been told to massage incision 2 x a day with bio oil and that was 3 weeks ago but had no change ..they aren't terribly sore just annoying..have emailed Dr R office again just wondering if anyone has same issue or any advice ?😊

1 hour ago, Nooby said:

I was wondering the same... I have a stitch that is poking out and causing a bit of redness, and I can't use my silicon strips until the redness has gone....also have the lumps..

Oh you too? Its so annoying hey mine arent red just hard lumps and sore ..

1 hour ago, imperfectly_lou said:

I was advised up to 24 weeks and sure enough, that's about how long it took before they were no longer visible when I lifted my arms, but the pulling sensation went at about 5 months. 

Thanks lou thats reassuring to know ..cant believe they take that long 😦

3 hours ago, Nooby said:

I was wondering the same... I have a stitch that is poking out and causing a bit of redness, and I can't use my silicon strips until the redness has gone....also have the lumps..

Nooby I think I read that once they break through the skin they won't dissolve and need to be cut. Have you asked your PS?

1 minute ago, inertia said:

Nooby I think I read that once they break through the skin they won't dissolve and need to be cut. Have you asked your PS?

Oh right ok. No I was going to call on Monday. Might go to the GP and get them to snip it 

Has anyone had feeling of a pulled tight stitch constantly.  Its no where near the incision site and the pain is internal.  Maybe 3 inches away from the incision (side boob). Any stretching or movement of my arm across my body, like taking off a tshirt makes this feeling or lifting my arms above shoulder level.  Its only on one side. Im 4 weeks PO today and hoping it's an internal stitch or could it be the pocket too small.  That implant has not dropped anywhere near as much as the other side. It hurts alot and sometimes so bad I get tears. 

12 hours ago, imperfectly_lou said:

I was advised up to 24 weeks and sure enough, that's about how long it took before they were no longer visible when I lifted my arms, but the pulling sensation went at about 5 months. 

Ok, thanks Lou, really good to know. I'm 4 months and they aren't as prominent now, but they haven't disappeared. 

9 hours ago, inertia said:

Oh dang! One of mine has poked through and I've been slack about contacting my PS because it wasn't bothering (well it was until it finally broke through the skin). I hate the thought of getting them to remove it - sounds rather uncomfortable 😬

1 hour ago, Piratesdelights said:

Has anyone had feeling of a pulled tight stitch constantly.  Its no where near the incision site and the pain is internal.  Maybe 3 inches away from the incision (side boob). Any stretching or movement of my arm across my body, like taking off a tshirt makes this feeling or lifting my arms above shoulder level.  Its only on one side. Im 4 weeks PO today and hoping it's an internal stitch or could it be the pocket too small.  That implant has not dropped anywhere near as much as the other side. It hurts alot and sometimes so bad I get tears. 

Piratesdelights, I have had this for a while, but mine didn't sound anywhere near as bad as yours. Do you have another follow up appointment soon? I'd definitely raise it with your PS. 

13 hours ago, Nooby said:

Oh right ok. No I was going to call on Monday. Might go to the GP and get them to snip it 

I got told that if I have stitches poking out I could go ahead and just trim them myself as close to my skin as possible. Your PS may instruct differently though so best to check ! 

And for the other ladies having issues with hard lumps under your incisions, my info pack says they will take 8-10 months to dissolve :) 

5 hours ago, Piratesdelights said:

I had this too! It lasted for about a week (at 2 weeks PO) and was just on one side as well. I'm 4 weeks PO now and i haven't experienced it again so I hope it goes away for you too ☺️

20 hours ago, Piratesdelights said:

Could it be a mondors cord? I had one a few inches below my incisions,  when I stretched I got a weird pulling and could feel a cord like tendon. After massaging it, it went a away. Hopefully it's nothing. 

I too have an internal stitch that is trying to poke out. I've seen my surgeon he said massage too and it's still there, but getting better. 

11 hours ago, Nooby said:

So tried to see if I could pull it out myself, tried once or twice couldn't get the grip on my tweezers so gave up, gave it a little rub and it came out on its own very easily .... So relieved!

Oh gosh you pulled it out yourself??! 

Wow you're  brave!! :) 

Thankfully my incisions are still covered up for another week or so but I dread the day of seeing stitches! :unsure:

10 hours ago, Ladybug123 said:

Oh gosh you pulled it out yourself??! 

Wow you're  brave!! :) 

Thankfully my incisions are still covered up for another week or so but I dread the day of seeing stitches! :unsure:

Not really I tried but it just came out after I rubbed it .. Can feel a few under the skin but I am only 4 weeks today so they will go