Tony Connell Girls :)

Saggy_socks

Hi ladies

So I've just booked another consult with Tony in September and might even call back next week to book a surgery date. Have a few questions for anyone who has seen him:

1. Did you go with the size he recommended? He told me about the perfect size is individual to each persons measurements. I'm just worried they are going to be too big. I'm currently down to an A cup and they will end up being roughly a D.

2. When did you have to go back after surgery? I live a couple of hours away and are wondering whether I need to stay in Perth during recovery.

3. Does anyone have before and after pics and what shape and placement did you get.

I'm so excited but get so nervous at the same time!

Any advice is greatly appreciated :)

Hi Hun. Tony is amazing. A true master at his craft. Trust him what he stays as it it true (measurements etc and chest wall shape determine final outcome) I have a wide chest 12.5cm breast width. So needed revision for wider implants as the max he could fit first surgery we not big enough. Had revision yesterday and I'm over the moon already. Still show him photos of what you hope to look like, he will tell you everyone is different so different outcome blah blah but least he will know the shape you're after... I never did this and we went teardrops first time.. I got him to change for rounds at revision as that is the shape of my desired result. He will come see you right after surgery as you wake up to whisper it went well, then comes and sees you the following day before discharge, you then go back to see him a week later at his rooms. And then from memory 3month and 6month later. 

His is placement is dual plane (half under half not). He does like teardrops mostly but def does rounds so don't let others say he only does naturally looking, I have a more augmented look and he was very happy to do that. 

I haven't added any photos but send me a FR as I plan to share before/after pics of both first (teardrops) and revision (rounds). Here is me an hour after revision yesterday. 

image.jpeg

I'm a little different as I had a lift with replacement of implants. Because of this he used a sizer to decide on final size in the OR. I can't remember when I saw him again. I had quite a few appointments post op as I had stitches that needed to be removed from the lift. I agree he's a brilliant surgeon. 

Once im done having kids I'm going back in for a revision. 

Tony was Brilliant!! Go with his recommendation for size!! I've learnt that from experience. I was thinking from looking at pictures that I liked 415cc he took my measurements and recommend 485cc which I was a bit freaked they'd be huge!!

Nope perfect for my frame? 

I also went rounds based on his recommendation as I'm a Crossfiter and gym junkie and we didn't want the risk or worry of rotation. But they look so natural.

I'll attach some pic's.image.jpeg

About a week POimage.jpeg

About 2 weeks. Still quite high.image.jpeg

24 days PO

Thanks everyone for the advice. I told him last time I wanted to the natural look possible. My husband doesn't want me to get them done at all, that why I'm worried about size. Tony told me last time I've always had boobs too small for my frame so it's going to be an obvious change (especially after dropping to an A cup haha). 

I'm also a gym junkie and go 6 days a week to an F45 gym so high intensity exercise. I never thought about tear drops roating so I might rethink and go rounds.

Fitmummaof3 yours look so amazing! I would be stoked with results like that!

410ccFX will send you a request. Hope you are recovering well! Would love to see the difference between the two shapes.

5 hours ago, peachess said:

@Saggy_socks ??? BEST forum name I love it haha. Crackup

Haha glad you liked it! It unfortunately describes them well haha

35 minutes ago, Mumof2girls said:

Fitmummaof3

Have you returned to training? I'm a crossfitter to and going in for revision, changing from anatomical to round. 

I'm super nervous they will be obvious, getting mixed messages about Tony.

My results with Tony so far have been fantastic. There was another member message me who wasn't as happy but I can only go on my own personal experiences which have been great! I'd definitely go back for revision with him if I ever felt I wanted bigger. 

I have been doing things in the gym but see no point in going back to Crossfit yet as I can't do hardly any of the movements yet so I just got a 6 month membership at anytime fitness so I can basically treat my upper body like it's being rehabbed by doing light cable and freeweights work.

I have been doing incline walking, stationary bike, travelling lunges. Squats. Small height step ups for cardio. I'm still yet to try running as I still feel worried when I do movements that make them jiggle lol even if I'm double bra'd. 

I'm probably just going to hold off on much more than that till I see my PS again which will be at 9 weeks.

Have you been doing any training @Mumof2girls I'm so scared to get back into bar work at Crossfit ?

47 minutes ago, Fitmummaof3 said:

My results with Tony so far have been fantastic. There was another member message me who wasn't as happy but I can only go on my own personal experiences which have been great! I'd definitely go back for revision with him if I ever felt I wanted bigger. 

I have been doing things in the gym but see no point in going back to Crossfit yet as I can't do hardly any of the movements yet so I just got a 6 month membership at anytime fitness so I can basically treat my upper body like it's being rehabbed by doing light cable and freeweights work.

I have been doing incline walking, stationary bike, travelling lunges. Squats. Small height step ups for cardio. I'm still yet to try running as I still feel worried when I do movements that make them jiggle lol even if I'm double bra'd. 

I'm probably just going to hold off on much more than that till I see my PS again which will be at 9 weeks.

Have you been doing any training @Mumof2girls I'm so scared to get back into bar work at Crossfit ?

My first surgery was Feb 2015, second Nov 2015 and yes I went bald to full training with absolutely no issues what so ever - even with teardrops. 

But listen to your body, you'll know what feels right and when you can progress. 9 weeks is still early days. 

I've seen the other thread and hopefully it's just a bad once off from the surgeon and I'm worrying for nothing.

im happy to hear your happy with your results! 

Hi girls, i'm booked for my surgery in a week time. feeling very excited and nervous at the same time.

Tony recommend 295cc or 330cc tear drop, he will decide whichever most suit me on the day. 
i'm so worry about the recovery process, can anyone share their experience post op  the first several days?

TIA

I also read that thread of the girl not happy... I think there is a lot more to it in terms of how she sees her own body.. I personally thought she looked amazing and that her complaints would resolve themselves as part of the healing process. Shame that it became a thread which has created some unnecessary doubt in other members!! It is also sad that one person's experience can be potentially damaging to a surgeon given that from what I understand she has yet to give Tony an opportunity to make her happy with her results or to even allow her body to heal and settle into shape... No surgery or surgeon is going to be 100% perfect first time (and what is perfect anyway when we are all getting surgery because we have exisiting flaws), and if your first surgery is spot on then that is half your luck. My understanding is min 25% of all surgeries require revision of some sort. And then the percentage of the revision requiring revision is even higher again... Something to think about.. The best thing anyone can do is communicate as best you can with your surgeon your desired results and take away his/her answers and have further consults until you are clear that you're both on the same page. Understand the risks and drop your expectations... 

I had complications after my revision with Tony being that my left refused to drop and my right dropped too much and was bigger. He worked with me to make me happy and I had more than one surgical option. He also waived his fee. I was charged the scheduled Medicare fee which was fully claimable. No matter how good someone is I do agree no one is 100% perfect sometimes it's just our bodies but it's how your ps handles these issues that's important. He did everything he could to make me happy but for me pregnancy ruined them. That's why I'm having a revision after this second baby comes. 

8 hours ago, 410ccFX said:

I also read that thread of the girl not happy... I think there is a lot more to it in terms of how she sees her own body.. I personally thought she looked amazing and that her complaints would resolve themselves as part of the healing process. Shame that it became a thread which has created some unnecessary doubt in other members!! It is also sad that one person's experience can be potentially damaging to a surgeon given that from what I understand she has yet to give Tony an opportunity to make her happy with her results or to even allow her body to heal and settle into shape... No surgery or surgeon is going to be 100% perfect first time (and what is perfect anyway when we are all getting surgery because we have exisiting flaws), and if your first surgery is spot on then that is half your luck. My understanding is min 25% of all surgeries require revision of some sort. And then the percentage of the revision requiring revision is even higher again... Something to think about.. The best thing anyone can do is communicate as best you can with your surgeon your desired results and take away his/her answers and have further consults until you are clear that you're both on the same page. Understand the risks and drop your expectations... 

I agree with what you are saying but what is upsetting this that I went back and forth with tony a number of times before I committed to surgery and he explained in detail that he would lower my pockets as they were to high then he would choose s shorter Implant by  1cm but due to him lowering the pocket he would use a more projecting implant 6cm. I was happy with that and agreed. I explained that I didn't like my current implants as they were very full up top (silimed round base anatomical moderate profile)

Well come surgery day had decided he didn't want to lower the pocket and the implant was shorter by 1cm than the ones I had. 

I m disappointed as he said one thing and did another n the day. My implants are not shorter by 1cm. I had 11.9 and now I have 11.6 - hardly s difference. But now they stick out with so much projection over my other ones. I feel like had didnt do what he said he would do. They are way too full for my frame and I hate them. I tried talking to him about if in last visit but he fobbed me off assuring me they are definitely lower which I can't understand. I have more fullness at too then below my boob, my other boobs were 100% better before. My life has changed dramatically. I can't go smaller now as I do I will have excess skin. Tony had s great rep which is why I went to him but he definitely didn't do the right thing by me. 

Maybe I overanalyse them but when I surgeon discusses what he will do he shouldn't change his mind on surgery day.  Oh and he also released too much muscle on one side so he had to go back in and restitch muscle over implant. I know there are complications with revisions which is why I chose him.  I am one of the unlucky ones 

I'm sorry you are still not happy with your results. As I said on your original thread I really do think they look amazing (along with so many other commenters) and feel you're over obsessing with them. You went in to also get nerve pain corrected (if I'm not wrong?), which he did correct by lowering the implants no?, just because the implant is now only .3cm shorter does not mean he did not lower the pocket, possibly not visible to your eye but if it corrected the nerve pain then to me he did the job you asked him? Maybe there was a reason why the projection was different, did you ask him? Each time I have gone under I was aware of three possible sized implants he would use, and gave him the okay for whichever sizer fit for him to go with that sized implant, (there are only so many different combos of implants maybe by having it slightly shorter meant the projection was slightly higher?) This does not mean he just did as he pleased whilst I was under, I was aware of the options.. he also has worked like this with three of my friends (all over the moon with their results). What I don't like about your original thread is to me it felt like you were painting him in an trustworthy light which does not sit well with me. As a patient of his for almost three years now and having referred so many friends to him I can assure you that he is genuine, honest and wholeheartedly concerned to give all his patients the best results possible.  Without having seen your before photos I feel your after photos with Tony look amazing, the shadowing on the side was the only thing I noticed which I felt would over time go away or could be fixed with fat graft (looks like muscle fold as you are so thin it doesn't hide it well). I am tiny also and have been made aware (repeatedly) that I risk having visible rippling esp if I was to lose anymore weight. It's not to say I lose weight and come on the forum and complain the surgeon gave me rippling.. I do agree with you when you said you felt your expectations were too high.. I agree with that. Your results are amazing and so many members would love for your results. I think you are being way to hard on yourself, and honestly no matter what Tony does I feel you'll be looking for another fault. :unsure:

Whilst this is a public forum and we're all here to share our experiences I think we should also be mindful that Tony is not here to 'defend' himself.

ive not had 'easy street' with my boobs but I can wholeheartedly say Tony has been nothing but honest with me and more than willing to help get my desired outcome. He has had to bring me back down to reality and explain that the photos I'm showing of my 'dream boobs' aren't realistic. I constantly need to remind myself that I come from completely different circumstances to the girls I've shown him and it would be unethical of him if he told me he could achieve that result. 

I think we all need to trust our gut instincts, read reviews and ultimately choose who you most feel at ease with and if you have an issue, take it up with your surgeon and let him/her have the opportunity to correct the problem (if there is one).

** im not taking sides - we all have our own emotional needs and baggage, we just need to support each other through this journey.