Kaleidoscope_Eyes

Downsizing - surgery booked!

I saw my PS today and have decided to downsize to 275cc moderate profile Allergan implants (equivalent to mod+ in mentor, actually sliiiightly more projection and less width than the mentor mod+). That's a downsize in 75cc. There is 1cm less projection than what I currently have and only 0.2cm less in width. I wanted to go narrower again (240cc and 0.7cm less width) but my PS talked me out of it. He said the implants will be loose in the pockets and they may end up settling weird and put my nipples in an odd position. If I keep a similar width, they're more secure and I'll likely have good skin retraction from a projection standpoint. I have to say I'm feeling really good about my decision. I'm booked in for May 31st but have said if any cancellations come up, call me! em.icon.phone_talker.gif I just want it done before I have time to overthink it and change my mind. I was lucky to get the implants for free and the surgeon is waiving his fee. So I just have to cover the cost of the anaesthetist and hospital fee. He's done a really good job of discounting it for me. It'll work out to about 3.5K compared to 10k for the initial surgery. I know it's still a lot of money but much better than a standard revision would normally cost! He's done the best deal he can for me.

I've just realised that the free implants are actually the inspira COHESIVES though. I don't want these. They'll be too firm for me, I know it. I'll have to call up Monday and find out for sure. If so, I'd rather pay for the implants and have the soft touch ones. I don't want to have another surgery and be unhappy with the feel. I already feel like my mentors are pretty firm but they're ok. I can squish them. If they were firmer though, I wouldn't like it. And I know the Inspira will already be slightly firmer because they have a higher fill volume but to then move up to a cohesive will be too much. These are the new ones introduced by Allergan and they use the EXACT same fill that's in the gummy bears but in a round. Nope. 

So I've decided to fork out the money for the mentor implants. I don't want the cohesive inspires if they're gonna be like rocks! The total procedure is gonna cost way more than I expected actually :( But still less than my initial BA. I feel so stupid for spending all this money on my boobs. Such a waste. If I could turn back time and never have it done, I would. But, I think if they were just a bit smaller, I could be totally happy. I just can't live with the upper pole fullness I have now. It's too much. I KNEW I wouldn't like HP but my surgeon talked me into it because I was narrow and he was afraid I wouldn't get the volume I wanted otherwise. I don't blame him. He did a great job and they look like the photos I asked for. It's just that seeing them in photos is one thing. Wearing them in bras and under clothes and realising how overdone they look in everyday life is another. The surgeon is ordering the 275, 250 and possibly the 225 in mod+ mentor. I actually think with the profile change and that loss of upper pole projection, I should feel a lot better and I'll still have nice boobs. My surgery date has also been put forward because there's been a cancellation. So it's now on the 24th. 3 weeks today! 

Good on you for going for it! You need to do what's right for you, especially if you can't get past feeling as though your implants are too big. 

Will your mentors be mentor rounds or anatomical? You will definitely notice a difference with the size change. 

I am currently 7dpo and I can already tell that mine are not the size I was after. I know that everyone says wait and be patient that they will change so much over the next couple of months but I just know!! Each day that's passing they are getting smaller and smaller and are lost on me. I think that I would have preferred a higher profile as the mod + do not have the projection I was after. We all learn from our mistakes and it's so good your getting your chance to rectify yours 😄

Good luck!