Travel Insurance and Surgery Complication Insurance

Hi,

I am booked in at Phuket Plastic Surgery Institute next week to have my BA so may have left it a little late, but only just thought to ask on a forum. I have purchased travel insurance which I am hoping will still cover my luggage and flights etc. if anything happens that doesn't have to do with my BA, but I have been researching for a few weeks now trying to find someone who will cover me for the surgery and if any complications arise from it. The only company I have found that seems straight forward is an American company - Global Protective Solutions which have quoted around $400. They cover Aussies so it all seems fine, but I just wanted to know if anyone else has found any other companies or can give me any info from their personal experience. A friend of mine had a BA done at the same place in Phuket a few years ago now and purchased no insurance at all but for me there is always that "what if" side.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Hi, I'm no expert when it comes to this sort of thing but i remember when doing my research that the insurance was only valid for while you were in Phuket for the duration of your stay once you get home the insurance is no longer valid. 

I did look into Cosmeditour when doing my research  who do a surgery warrenty that will cover you for the first 6-12 months but not sure about the one you have mentioned.  Sorry thst may not have been much help , good luck with your surgery 

• 3 weeks later...