Would Surgery Be Right For Me?

Im 25 and since i was about 16, i noticed my breasts were not the same as other girls. I have cried alot and i have been self conscious everyday, my breasts do not fit in cupped bras, in bralettes they take on this weird shape if you look from the side. I have been thinking of maybe getting surgery, it might lift me from my depression of waking up and seeing myself in the mirror. I wouldnt want them to become huge, i just want them to have more tissue, fix my areola (as it gets big and puffy) and make them round. If you have gotten yours done could you tell me how it went? 

Dear Lilac,

It sounds like you have tuberous breasts - you can learn more about that condition here https://cosmeticjourney.com/procedures/details/tuberous-breast-deformity/

There are many great plastic surgeons in Australia who perform tuberous breast correction in Australia, you can search via location here - https://cosmeticjourney.com/clinician/search/

No one can tell you whether surgery is right for you. Only you can truly answer that. But before making that decision, you need professional advice to see what all of your options are first. I would advise you to see a few plastic surgeons to see what they recommend. You do have to pay for consults but it is an investment in the right direction if you do decide on surgery. Good luck with it all.

The first step would be to see your GP and ask for a referral to the plastic surgeons you want to see. This will ensure you cna get a medicare rebate on your consultation. 
Do  you have PHI? if you are tuberous then you maybe able to claim some of the costs back.

If your breasts are really causing you distress then surgery can fix the physical condition of your breasts but it is important to know that no breasts can look perfect after surgery especially if you are tuberous so it would be a good idea to look at pictures of breast similar to yours and view their outcomes to see if the results would be something you would be ahppy with