Sign in to follow this  
Barely_There

Sizing post BA ?

Today I went and got sized at B n T, I tried the 12D Complete Comfort and popped out a bit up top so was given the 12DD. (although I am really finding the band rather tight right now!)

Anyways my question is, I am 2 weeks post op tomorrow, and am wondering, would I still have swelling there making my cup size larger? I purchased 3 bra's today, (they have a buy 2 get 3rd free sale on), the CC and 2 others, with underwires. I am holding out taking the tags off the others because I can't wear them yet anyways, but what's the chances that I will go down in cups?

(got to ask too, has anyone else found the CC to not really be that comfortable? I have worn mine for the afternoon now, and like I said finding the band tight, and the shoulder straps are digging in to me. :( Was really hoping this bra would be good to get me through to when I can get back to underwires.)

Edited by Barely_There

Hey barely there I'm 4 days behind u and I find the more I do and the less rest I get my boobs are still swelling from time to time (not massively swelling but just a little bit inbetween the cleavage area and around the side boob area, after I wake up in the morning it feels and looks like I have no swelling but when I get home from a long day of no rest or a day of just being upright the swelling slightly seems to appear so if ur anything like me I guess u could possibly still be a little swollen. As for the bras n things cc I have heard another girl on here say she tried it on and it didn't feel comfy

I tried it on.. and bought it! I put it down to the underwires being in it when I tried it on for not being overly comfortable. I didn't have shoulder strap issues then. So thought it would be ok when I got it home. Seems not though :(

(this is why you don't go bra shopping with a 4yo!)

Hi Barely there, I was told not to get sized until the 5 wk mark (I assume that's when the swelling is completely gone)...so I also did at b n t. I wouldn't start forking out $$ until I was sure the size was right? I doubt it would change too significantly but why risk it I reckon...

I have a 12E in the BnT comfort bra and frankly not finding it all that comfortable. My problem is (I assume due to the shape of augmented breasts) is that it sometimes leaves a mark on my upper breast but there is a gap on the bottom of my breast where it's not filling in. Also I pretty much feel like any bra doesn't hold my boobs up as they don't really go anywhere anyway. That being said, I still love my Berlei Post Surgery bra best :)

I was told between 4 to 6 weeks to get sizing done due to how long it takes for swelling to go done. I didn't want to waste money on bras I couldn't wear for long either. I went to bnt too and ladies told me that the cc bra was made tighter around than the other bras. Measuring me I should have been a 10 but I went with the 12 for that reason it was just too uncomfortable. Hope u have been able to find something that is comfortable for you :-)

I was told between 4 to 6 weeks to get sizing done due to how long it takes for swelling to go done. I didn't want to waste money on bras I couldn't wear for long either. I went to bnt too and ladies told me that the cc bra was made tighter around than the other bras. Measuring me I should have been a 10 but I went with the 12 for that reason it was just too uncomfortable. Hope u have been able to find something that is comfortable for you :-)

Oh see, wish she had told me that! I have taken the tag off it too! Grrr. I hate tight bra's!

I have 21 days to return anything unworn so like I said I will leave the tags on the other ones and see how they fit when I am ready to wear them.

(Oakley check out my pics and the Balconette bra. I found that style looks really good on) The lighting for the pic is pretty crap, I will take another tomorrow, but you'll get the idea and it seems to make the girls look held up too. I kwym about them not looking held as they stay there by themselves right now. :)

Gorgeous :) I am going to hold off on my bra shopping until I've been given the underwire go-ahead. Hardest thing ever (I had a bday just after my boobs and got a bunch of BnT vouchers)! I will definitely be buying some balconettes though - I think they're gorgeous and especially with a hint of the fake look I love.

Hey Barely There... I was told not to buy new bras until 6 weeks and also since we live roughly around the same area I wouldn't get fitted by B n T, I'd go to Debras... they are in Wentworthville.

Also... are you allowed to be wearing underwire yet?

I went in to B'nT the other day too and had a fitting (well one lady came in and said yes that was a good fit when I had it on). I bought some complete comfort bras in a 12 DD . I didn't really have much swelling at all and seem to be the same band wise no problem. I can see there is still a bit of room if mine get any bigger so should be fine with the ones I bought. If you are finding the band too tight you can always can some bra extender hooks, them when swelling goes down there you can take them off and just use the bra hooks.

Hey, my Doc told me today (at 1 week PO) that my swelling was basically all gone - but he was surprised at that progress and i had barely any swelling to begin with. He told me that i could go get fitted and that i would stay that size, but that i probably should wait till im allowed underwires to splurge!!! i am going to try and find a comfy wirefree bra for the next couple of months (or maybe 2 if they are cheap!) but thats all ... im going to wait to spend till later.

I think whether you still have swelling or fluffing to do depends entirely on you - when do you see your doc next to ask?

I would suggest trying to go to a boutique which caters for bigger sizes (is that what Debras is?) and get fitted there as i have heard they do a better job and dont just try and fit you into whatever they happen to have in store - which i think might be the case if i head to BnT. If anyone finds a comfy wirefree bra in larger sizes i would LOVE to know! I was fitted at a boutique for D+ women today after my appointment - didnt buy anything but was measured at an 8FF ... holy s**t still in shock.

Hey Lozz, that's exactly what Debras is :)

Thought that may be the case! have you tried being fitted yet?

Wow 8FF Lozz! I knew you would be much bigger than you were expecting with your size implant and pre op cup size! :p

I knew i would probably be bigger than a DD but i was definitely shocked with an FF!!! Dr H actually measured me as a 10D 'in theory' but he basically said that was bulls**t and that i was atleast a DD-E

I just wanted to share the thought that if i had gone into BnT or similar they probably would have given me a 10E or something which would have been wrong .... just because thats the best they have! i still think i will go in and see what they have to say ... just because i can lol

I also tried on a 10D wirefree berlie at harbour town on Wednesday (no fitting, just to see as it was like $20) and was popping out all over the place!! no wonder...

Hey Barely There... I was told not to buy new bras until 6 weeks and also since we live roughly around the same area I wouldn't get fitted by B n T, I'd go to Debras... they are in Wentworthville.

Also... are you allowed to be wearing underwire yet?

I'm in Wentworthville too! ;)

hahahaha Lozz, I'm holding off the fittings until the 6 week mark.. sticking to my ahh bras for the moment because I begin the shaping massages with my PS on Monday... so they will be changing shape yet again....

=)

So far... I'm estimating F-G cup... I could be completely wrong and end up with DD because I was practically flat.

hahahaha Lozz, I'm holding off the fittings until the 6 week mark.. sticking to my ahh bras for the moment because I begin the shaping massages with my PS on Monday... so they will be changing shape yet again....

=)

So far... I'm estimating F-G cup... I could be completely wrong and end up with DD because I was practically flat.

i think it has just as much to do with the width and projection of the implant with your chest measurements as it does with how much your had beforehand! has your PS given you any indication of the size? as i would have thought you would end up an F-G as well!! i cant imagine stuffing an implant that size into a DD bra even before it goes in your body hahaha but it seems that sizes always surprise us and its about how they look not the letter :)

LOL Girls. good convo here. PattyTrixia, I had forgotten about Debra's, not like I've ever needed to go there before!

I was told I could wear underwires after 4 weeks.

Lozz, FF!! Fark Freaking out girl!! Can't imagine getting bras is gonna be easy for you though.

I think I will definitely get myself to a boutique and get fitted properly. There was one nearby but it has closed down.

(Just checked debras site and it says After Breast Surgery fittings are now available. Done by a professional fitter Tues to Sat but you must book in the fitting if your after the fitting. If your not a post surgery fit you don't need an appt) Wondering if thats more for women after a mastectomy? No idea why you need to book a fitting in though. That's a bit silly. I want to up and go there on a whim not book it in.

LOL Girls. good convo here. PattyTrixia, I had forgotten about Debra's, not like I've ever needed to go there before!

I was told I could wear underwires after 4 weeks.

Lozz, FF!! Fark Freaking out girl!! Can't imagine getting bras is gonna be easy for you though.

I think I will definitely get myself to a boutique and get fitted properly. There was one nearby but it has closed down.

(Just checked debras site and it says After Breast Surgery fittings are now available. Done by a professional fitter Tues to Sat but you must book in the fitting if your after the fitting. If your not a post surgery fit you don't need an appt) Wondering if thats more for women after a mastectomy? No idea why you need to book a fitting in though. That's a bit silly. I want to up and go there on a whim not book it in.

i know right!! i checked out Bnt - they do actually carry that size in the killer curves range... which i love!!! but i would have to try them on first and not sure if i would actually have any luck finding any in store - would have to order online with a good return policy? i dunno. :/

it does sound very strange that they need you to make an appointment? maybe call them and ask if its only for mastectomys coz after a normal boobs job the fitting should be exactly like any other fitting ... just have to get a bra to fit to boobs lol unless it is just because there is an 'expert' in fitting boob jobs or something .... hmmmmm

Might be that it wouldn't be a normal fit because depending on the shape of the implant certain styles wont fit? And it'd be a guess on the cup size for the first few - might take a bit longer?

fitting for BAs would definitely be different ... but the fitter at evie boo with me today deadset eyeballed me in an oversized tee and got the size perfect first go! i just waltzed in too which is why it seems strange to make an appointment ... but i suppose if you get to see an 'expert' it would be worth it