Sign in to follow this  
Millchops

Wearing no bra - how long after surgery?

I'm 8 weeks post op and I'm just wondering when it will be ok to wear no bra? I'm still wearing my surgical bra and only underwire ones when I go out.

Just wondering when it's safe to wear no bra? Either to bed or just around the house. I hate bras especially when I'm just lounging around at home

I have spent some weekends braless, if I'm just at home, but didn't like the feeling for too long because I wanted the support. I went to a wedding on the weekend braless as well but my dress was fairly tight. I'm fairly sure I was told to wear the crops/surgical bra 24hrs a day for 4 weeks then it's fine after that.

You've been in a bra for 8 weeks? Wow. At my 1 week appointment I was told I could go braless to bed. At day 13 had a night out with no bra. Other than that one off, I spend my days in a sports bra and sleeping with no bra now. I'm not going to wear underwires for several months.

At my 1 week i was told i could do whatever i wanted bra-wise as long as no underwires were involved. I dont like being braless for too long tho coz i think im going to wreck something haha i wear sports crops all the time.

I think, for my humble opinion, big booties girls have to wear bra "all time" because a good support from a good bra can help the big boobies girls to fight the force of gravity. I do know the comforts of going braless as I'm typing now, I'm not wearing any bra but I'm an A /B cup now, with some luck, my boobs are still perky though I never wear bra at home. Well, that's because I have very limited breast tissues for gravity to pull south. Haha!

After I g8t my boobs done, I'll have to get the full support from a good bra so that my big boobs will stay perky longer.

at my 4 week check up I was told to treat them like normal breast!! I said "even Bra-less .... but not as much as a hippy" my nurse laughed and said yes. I go bra-less for a couple of hours a week, wearing a fav dress but do wear a thin boob tube so my nipples dont poke anyones eyes out!!! haha I wear a crop or sports type bra to bed still as Im woried of sagging haha

You've been in a bra for 8 weeks? Wow. At my 1 week appointment I was told I could go braless to bed. At day 13 had a night out with no bra. Other than that one off, I spend my days in a sports bra and sleeping with no bra now. I'm not going to wear underwires for several months.

So glad to see that Dr H says that. I hate wearing stuff to bed so having to wear a bra for a while would do my head in!

My doc said I can where what ever now I just gotta make sure if I'm doing anything that is Guna make my boobs giggle I should wear an underwire sports bra because up until the 6week mark u should try not to make them giggle to much. I just tried on a bikini I'm so happy with my new boobies girls. I also asked my doc about what underwire bras he recommends and he said pleasure state, Victoria secret, or El McPherson (excuse the spelling lol) are all good. Hope that helps I'm going bra shopping tomorrow lol

Well my surgeon is completely different. I'm NOT allowed to wear a bra for the first 3 weeks :)

He only really does Brazilian implants and in his opinion a bra has the potential to shift them before they have really bonded with the chest wall.

X

Thanks girls, I might call my surgeon in the morning. He gave me the all clear to wear underwires at 6.5 weeks but I didn't think to ask about no bra. To be honest though I like my surgical bra. It's like my security blanket :-)

I've been in a bra or crop day and night since the op. Yesterday I went braless for the day under a strapless maxi dress, but be the end of the day my right side was a little tender. Not sure if it's because I had no bra on or not. Hanging to not have to wear one to bed though!! (apparently 2 months - although I need to re-read my notes again)