Sign in to follow this  
Shaker66

Pain after three weeks

Hi girls just curious. I am nearly three weeks post op and I have pain where my muscles have been joined. It's only on the right side and it feels like someone is stabbing me hehehehe. In Thailand my sister called and we spent 15 mins hysterically laughing, do you think I may have busted something :(. I don't want to keep taking pain killers and am wondering if the pain thing is normal and how long did you all feel it for :)

Hi Shaker, congratulations on your surgery. I never had any pain like you described, and I had pretty extensive muscle repair. Yes I was sore, but no stabbing pain. Are you able to visit your plastic surgeon for a quick check?

Hi sydneymum,

I am going to email him to see what he says. I had the full tummy tuck, extensive muscle repair, a hernia repair that I didn't know I had hahaha and lipo all over tummy and back and hips. It was a pretty painful thing when I woke up (said some bad bad words I can tell you) I maybe just am being a sook. I do know that I haven't rested as I should have since being home. I was away from my boys for 15 days and come home and jumped in where I left off. I think a little more rest during the day may help.

Thanks for your reply, glad everything is going to plan :)

Hi Shaker 66,

My gf in Houston had pretty much similar to you on 26th of December. Pain has now subsided but she is still experiencing swelling and the ups and downs. Give it time and please rest up as much as possible. This is considered a lot of procedures to have all at once. Post op vitamins, good diet, rest and loads of water.

Wishing you a speedy recovery.

Thanks for the advice judgemenot, I have been resting most of the day :) got the vitamins and diet cranking so all will be ok. I think I was expecting to jump on the plane pain free arrive home and take over the house again hahaha. The ADD kicked in really bad just not doing anything, but, I have decided to just kick back and enjoy. The hubby and kids have been so good so I shall take all the help from them until I recover fully from now on :) cheers