Telling people about your breast augmentation

I'm getting my breast augmentation done in a month and can't wait, although I don't think I want to tell everyone that I have fake boobs once I get them. I've only told a few close friends and family that in getting them done and think I want to keep it that way.

I'm worry that it will be too obvious that my boobs have gotten significantly larger and people will start asking me about them.

Has anyone decided not to tell people, what did you use as an excuse/ tell them? Who chose to be straight up and what sort of reactions did you get?

I will tell anyone that will listen! I used to be so ashamed of my appearance and how flat chested i was...it came a point in my life where i grew to "love" myself this is when i knew i was ready to go through with getting my boobs done cause it was for the right reasons for me...sounds like a contridiction but if i couldnt change myself i wouldnt but i can so i will xx

I'm struggling with this too. The only people who know are my partner (of course!) and I couldn't help but tell a friend at work (the only other person in my small office - it is so nice to have someone else excited for me too!).

I will have to tell my mum as we are going to ask her to watch the kids for a couple of days. Im really not sure what reaction i will get from her - we arent especially close and she is a fairly closed person. I think she will be surprised but hopefully won't say anything negative.

I don't have any plans to tell anyone else, but I'm sure they will notice! I expect that my sister will come up with some narky comments but I don't know if many other people will actually say anything. Although, my MIL is a huge gossip so once she works it out I'm sure everyone will know!

I had to let my boss (who works in another city) know that I need some leave for "minor surgery" and now I'm worried that it is only a matter of time before she and/or other staff members start asking why I will be away. I have no idea what I will say!

I havent told anyone. My family know, my sisters are also having a BA done too so its nice to have them to go through it with.

Ive also told one girlfriend but thats it.

Im not planning on telling anyone else, not my inlaws or anything like that. I dont think anyone will really notice anyway as i only recently stopped breastfeeding and had DD's whilst feeding my daughter

Im not keeping it a secret from anyone.but im not going out and telling everyone either.My sisters know,and as 2 of them also want a BA and the other wants a reduction,they are all really interested in my journey. I haven't told mum yet,not because I'm keeping it a secret,it just hasn't come up,plus I'm sure one of the girls would have told her. A few close friends know,but hubby is telling everyone,I think he is more excited than me!.

I will be going back to work just before I want my BA so I'm going to have to tell my boss (and possibly order a bigger uniform ;)) because I work in retail,and often have to lift up high and carry heavy boxes. I have an amazing boss,so I'm not worried about telling her.

Shelle,as long as you are still able to do your job when you are there,it shouldn't be a concern of your bosses or anyone you work with unless you choose to tell them.

quite a few people know i'm getting them done!

i've been open with work and have tried to work it so the staff member who covers my leave is back from her 2 week leave!

my parents and in-laws all know, and the majority of my closest family and friends!

pretty much everyone has been supportive and i haven't really coped any negative responses

Good to read: http://www.advancecosmetic.com/eng/cosmetic-surgery-etiquette

This article talks about the Cosmetic Surgery Etiquette: The Do’s and Don’ts

- I guess there are social rules about this awkward moment after the surgery.

However, telling people that you had something done can also be helpful. In fact, its a liberating experience. Being open and honest can help you to have a less awkward environment, and will help those around you to be understanding. You don’t have to go with the details, if this makes you more uncomfortable. So don't worry much.