Breast augmentation and lift. Need help please

Do you definitely need a lift?. I would go have some consults and see what they say. I was told by one surgeon I did need a lift,then another one said I could just get away with it. I'm having 2 more consults just to get enough opinions so I know for sure what to expect.

I agree the scars are something you don't really want. But if you need a lift,and just have a BA with no lift,I was told they would look good for a while,then would end up sagging anyway. So instead of little saggy boobs,you would have big saggy boobs. If you need it,I think the scars would be worth it.

Thank you for replying. I had a consult on Friday with Dr Harwood and he is definitely one of the best in the Gold Coast/Brisbane area, he told me to get the look I am after I would need a lift. He said if I had just the BA, I wouldn't get the look I was going for and get a double fold. He showed me some photos of my possible outcome and I definitely don't want that to happen. He referred me to another doctor, DR LAYT on the Gold Coast and I'm going to ring on Monday to have a consult. I respect Dr Harwood's decision and appreciate the advice but I'm terrified the scars will be a turn off as he suggested a lollipop lift. I have been looking at before and after photos of this procedure but I really want to hear how people went with their own experience and any advice they might have for me.

I really hope your consults go well for you and please keep me posted in what is suggested for you.

I was advised by the first surgeon (who was OS as I was originally going to Thailand for my BA,but since changed my mind and staying locally) to have an areola lift,which would mean less scarring than a lollipop lift. But when I bought this up with a surgeon in perth,he said there is sometimes puckering around where the scar is,and the lollipop lift gives the best result,even though there is obvious scarring.

Go and see what Dr Layt says...good luck! xx

I have also been looking into the areola lift and read the same thing but I will ask about it when I have a consult and see if it is something for me to consider.

The only thing working in my favour is I have a scar from a ruptured ectopic and it never sees sunlight, it has been about three years since that surgery and it has healed beautifully to a very thin white line which is hardly visible. So if I find the right surgeon, I am hoping I will have the same outcome on my breasts. Fingers crossed.

Please keep me posted with the advise you receive when having your consultations. Good luck and thanks again :)

Hi New Assets. I've yet to get my lift with BA with Dr Poomee in Bangkok. I really don't want the scars either and until I actually see my doc in April, he's suggested the areola lift. I've been speaking to a family friend who got her lift and BA with the same doctor. I've seen her boobs 2-3mths post op and they look great. She ended up getting an areola lift on one side and a lollipop incision on the other side (one side was bigger and more saggier). Prior to getting the surgery (and no doubt afterwards too) she would make herself sick thinking about the scars. But post op, she actually prefers the shape of her 'lollipop' boob. She also said to me that a week or two after the surgery she didn't even notice her scars as she's just so happy with have big perky boobs again.

Go with what your surgeon suggests. But as Dr P said to me, I could get just the BA, but I'd have big full saggy boobs - which would just get saggier over time. So as much as I don't want the scarring, I know I just have to suck it up and get the lift as that's going to give me the best end result.

All the best in your decision making.

I'm going in tomorrow for a lift and BA, I'm really worried about the scares too, but I'm never going to be a naked model and I'm married, and my husband loved me 47kgs heavier then I am now, so I'm thinking/hoping the scares will be the least of my worries... At first I was definitely against getting a lift but upon alot of research I have "given in" and just really want them done now... I have other scares on my body that I don't have a problem with, but I think because these ones will be self inflicted then that is maybe why I am so worried....??

I'm going in tomorrow for a lift and BA, I'm really worried about the scares too, but I'm never going to be a naked model and I'm married, and my husband loved me 47kgs heavier then I am now, so I'm thinking/hoping the scares will be the least of my worries... At first I was definitely against getting a lift but upon alot of research I have "given in" and just really want them done now... I have other scares on my body that I don't have a problem with, but I think because these ones will be self inflicted then that is maybe why I am so worried....??

Hey hun, good luck today and wishing you a quick and easy recovery =)

Thank you for all your replies. It really helped reading your posts. I am hoping that when i have the surgery,I would not notice the scars as much, but you see so many photos of before and after photos it gets you thinking bad thoughts. They need to tell you how long after the photos were taken when on websites, give more information, that's why this forum is so good! You get first hand experiences from people and get to see photos so you know what to expect. Thank you all so very much!!

Oh wow, today was your big day! OMG so excited for you and jealous a little lol. I hope your feeling ok and get a good nights rest xox

Although the scars will be obvious initially, once they fade to thin and white you'll barely notice them. I'm happy to have whatever scars necessary to have perfectly shaped boobs. I have (online consult only) grade 3 ptosis and I'll be requesting an anchor lift as like I say - I'd rather the better shape.

You are so close to your big day! Congrats on finding the right doctor for your surgery :)

please keep me posted with your progress :)

Hi there,

I'm going in tomorrow for a ba and lift... Feel free to send a fr so you see my post op pictures when I post them. At first I was worried about the scarring but I don't care anymore... Having saggy boobs makes me so unhappy, no ones going to see the scars in a bikini so it really doesn't bother me. Perky boobs... No longer a fantasy :)

Hi there,

I'm going in tomorrow for a ba and lift... Feel free to send a fr so you see my post op pictures when I post them. At first I was worried about the scarring but I don't care anymore... Having saggy boobs makes me so unhappy, no ones going to see the scars in a bikini so it really doesn't bother me. Perky boobs... No longer a fantasy :)

Hi Jolzbaby

Good luck with your surgery. Do you mind if I send you a FR. Id love to see your pics. I am about 6 weeks po from lift. I havent posted pics yet as I am still having a few issues with them and dont want to post til they look relatively normal again, but definitely will post some pics soon to show the progress over the journey when they look good. Apart from my redness and swelling the scarring is actually not as bad as I anticipated.

:)

Although the scars will be obvious initially, once they fade to thin and white you'll barely notice them. I'm happy to have whatever scars necessary to have perfectly shaped boobs. I have (online consult only) grade 3 ptosis and I'll be requesting an anchor lift as like I say - I'd rather the better shape.

Not long to go now, you must be getting excited! :)