Sign in to follow this  
Kel087

How to reduce scarring?

So I had my breast lift 8 weeks or so ago, and my scars are much bigger then what I thought that they would be. Do you know if its possible to get laser treatment on scars? Or if not , what's the next best thing to reduce scars? Also when is the best time to do this as I want to get onto it as soon as I'm allowed to.

Any advice is muchly appreciated , thanks ladies :)

Hi there. I don't know about laser but you can buy bio oil online or at a chemist for about $20 and it is known to be great for scarring, stretch marks and all sorts of things.

Hi kel!

How are you doing? I have just started using strataderm which is a cream. It'll be hard to tell how well it works due to its natural healing process.

My friend in Melbourne is in the cosmetic industry & recommended fraxel laser treatment to me because I will have such large scars, I asked her how expensive & she said it would be quite reasonable.. I'm surprisingly quite happy with my scars at the moment so won't do laser. Have you been using any of the silicone gels or tapes? Have you thought about getting implants? Xxx

yes you can get a fraxel laser on your scars im not sure how soon though you would need to ask your surgeon, also it has been shown that oral intake of vitamin e , c and zinc assist in improving scars. drink plenty of water and if you can bio oil, ask your doc first good luck x

because you have a lift i dont know wether you can treat the scars around your areola but the normal skin i know is fine x

My beauty therapist had a lift 2 months ago, and Fraxel for her scars was included in the whole package, she did her first session 2 weeks after the op. By 6 weeks her scars were pretty much almost white. Make sure you go to an operator that are in licensed medical rooms - there has been a lot of damage done by people using lasers without the proper training (not so much with Fraxel, but do your background checks as you don't want to make anything worse!)

Hi hun, so Fraxel laser treatment is part of Craig Rubensteins package (3 treatments) which are started at 2 months post op - don't start laser any sooner than this as you want it to be all healed up and completely closed. Just some information about fraxel that people often get confused - it is not used to reduce the appearance of the scar (ie/ the colour) it is used to break up the scar tissue to ensure a smooth scar. I had my last treatment a couple of weeks ago and Craig's Dermal Clinician said to use Bio Oil or Vit E cream twice a day here on out to help the fading process. Hope this helpsxx

Thanks ladies I will def look into the fraxel laser. I started using the silicon strips but then got a skin infection so was told to stop using them :( and I've heard bio oil isn't that great. So will look into laser thanks!! :)

Hi kel! How are you doing? I have just started using strataderm which is a cream. It'll be hard to tell how well it works due to its natural healing process. My friend in Melbourne is in the cosmetic industry & recommended fraxel laser treatment to me because I will have such large scars, I asked her how expensive & she said it would be quite reasonable.. I'm surprisingly quite happy with my scars at the moment so won't do laser. Have you been using any of the silicone gels or tapes? Have you thought about getting implants? Xxx
Hey longtime coming! I'm doing really well, happy with size I am now a full c if not a bit bigger depending on the bra. I am a little disappointed with the scar in the middle as I have to buy certain bras and swimmers to cover them up as they poke out :( apart from that I am quite happy. Some days I think I would still like implants and then others I am happy with what I've got, will see how the laser goes. How are you going?

I asked my surgeon about laser and he said not to bother. His theroy was that there was no proof it helps - he said that the easiest thing in the world would be to do fraxel on one breast, or half a tummy tuck scar to show how great they work but no-one does that because the results aren't that noticeable. But then, if you learn one thing here on the forums it's that each surgeon has very different ideas!!

I asked my surgeon about laser and he said not to bother. His theroy was that there was no proof it helps - he said that the easiest thing in the world would be to do fraxel on one breast, or half a tummy tuck scar to show how great they work but no-one does that because the results aren't that noticeable. But then, if you learn one thing here on the forums it's that each surgeon has very different ideas!!
Hi Jaddles,I have noticed a difference from before first treatment to after 3rd & final treatment - as I mentioned, its mainly used to breakdown scar tissue and bumps present in the scar. I had 2 areas (obviously small) that were a bit bumpy and now they are completely smooth

That's great Laraleap, did you notice any difference in how the scar looked, or was the difference in how it felt? I'd consider getting it done on my scars if I knew it helped.