Sign in to follow this  
katee

Incisions creeping up breast

Hi I had my b/a 3wks ago tomorrow and it seems my incisions are creeping up my breasts. 1st week they seemed to be in the right place now nearly 3wks later they are at least 1.5cm up from the crease. Is this normal? there is a photo in my 12 day post op album

I think it should be ok? as dona says, it would only be an issue if it crept the other way and you could see it. must be the way your boobs have settled, have the seemed to get bigger since your surgery? as long as you are still happy with the way they sit, I wouldn't worry. teelee's boobs spring to mind here though, where they sat fine straight away and then dropped too low so that her nipple sat too high on the breast mound.

Katee I was same as you in the first few weeks I got booby greed but no 3 months post op they are sitting very nicely and I think as the other girls said once it has dropped and settled you wont be able to see the scar as it should sit right under the crease. xx

My scar moved around quite a bit in the early stages - it started low, then moved right up and eventually when everything was settled they are in the perfect position!! :) I wouldnt worry too much about it now... everything takes awhile to settle into place

So long as they aren't visable it should still be okay. My PS sutures the incision to the chest wall so your scar is right on the crease, it has nowhere to go!

Thats what my ps did too I thought they all did that??

Hi Katee. After I had mine done I noticed my incision had moved up also. Now I am 5 weeks post op my incision has gone back to where it should be and they've gotten a couple of centre metres bigger. Try not to stress you might just have to wait till everything settles to see the final result :)