Sign in to follow this  
LOVABLE

WHat to expect waking up in recovery

hi GIRLS, I'm curious to know what to expect waking up in recovery? I've read a lot of girls write its hard to breath? this is a real concern as I already suffer from chest tightening (hard to breath) at times anyway? is this a common thing? thanks :D

From what I've read a lot of girls wake up feeling like they have a elephant sitting on their chest lol. That might be what they are referring too when t hey say they found it difficult to breathe :) x

I woke up to a very rude nurse making me get up and walk to another bed on another side of a very large room with no assistance.. But otherwise a scratchy throat and very tight feeling on my chest and very, very dizzy.

I woke up thinking I would have that weird out of breath thing but I was fine. I was just very conscious of not saying something weird to the nurses haha coz I've heard so many people say that when they woke up they talked heaps. I felt fine, some people have nausea or feel really faint, or it takes them ages to wake up. I guess I was just lucky.

I think it differs as both times I have woken up really happy and chattery. I mainly start getting very talkative and nervous prior to going under the anesthetic who knows what I mumble but my husband said he could hear me singing just before I passed out lol!