Sign in to follow this  
Rosie616

HELP!! Consult today, Surgery WEDNESDAY!

Had my consult today with Dr Szalay. Everything I originally wanted, according to him I cant have. I wanted Brazilians, under the muscle High projection. He said that if I get Brazilians I am at more risk of double bubble and if I go under the muscle I will get "snoopy" boobs :( He has suggested Xhigh, 565cc, textured overs. If I go ahead with him, surgery is WEDNESDAY, as in 2 days away. Im super scared of having overs :( Can anyone shed some light and make me feel more at ease??

Had my consult today with Dr Szalay. Everything I originally wanted, according to him I cant have. I wanted Brazilians, under the muscle High projection. He said that if I get Brazilians I am at more risk of double bubble and if I go under the muscle I will get "snoopy" boobs :( He has suggested Xhigh, 565cc, textured overs. If I go ahead with him, surgery is WEDNESDAY, as in 2 days away. Im super scared of having overs :( Can anyone shed some light and make me feel more at ease??
wow that is so quick, it really depends if you trust what he has suggested for you or do you feel you need a second opinion, if you have a fair bit of breast tissue already there I think overs are fine, a lot of girls get them.

He didn't suggest a lift at all. I thought he might. I breastfed for a short period of time and lost 22kgs recently. I have a small asymmetry but thought that was normal :/ Just worried if I don't go through witht he surgery on Wednesday ill have to wait for the next available but id like them done ASAP.

It's weird that he said you're at risk of double bubble if you get brazillians...double bubble is usually a result of moving your crease line and can be created by any type of implant. I have a small frame and only the nuance style brazilian implants will fit with my measurements without creating a double bubble! If you're happy with his recommendations then go for it! A second opinion never goes a stray though :) good luck!

It's funny - but sometimes the terms double bubble and snoopy boob deformity get switched. Maybe it's an Aussie vs American thing. Snoopy boob deformity is when your natural breast tissue sags over the implant resulting in a lax lower pole. It's usually the girls who try and skip the lift they need by filling up the loose skin that get this.

He is a great PS. If he was who you wanted trust him.. Sounds like you have some sag.. Brazilian Unders will adhere to your breast pocket very quickly. If you are saggy the implant being under won't drop to fill that sag as 1) they stick like valcro 2) being Unders the excess sag/tissue will hang off the bottom of your implant. I don't have them so this is just from what I've been told and looked into(Gota love google doctor!) as originally thought I wanted them.. Having lost 22kg is awesome! But not so great on our boobs..that size overs will give you big hot boobies! Good luck! X

I just had my second consult with Dr Szalay yesterday and he said the same thing to me as well about brazilians and the double bubble. The way he explained it was that you need a larger pocket and incision so I would need a waaaay smaller implant and he said he's starting to move away from using them and was talking about the complications of infections with them. I'm planning to go with him and all his work looks amazing! Good luck! :)

I went with Szalay last week and am very happy with my results. At first he recommended 400's to me which I thought OMG that's huge!! I thought about it for a while & decided to go with his recommendations. Now I'm thinking I could of even gone bigger, haha dam boob greed!! He knows what he's talking about, he is very good at what he does :)

He didn't say they have more chance of infection he said the risk is still only 1% but if you do happen to be in that 1% it can be more tricky to treat and for that reason he has gone off them a bit. He literally did a demonstration with sound effects of pulling out a textured or smooth implant quickly versus taking out an infected brazilian haha so that was kind of funny. I'm not even sure how we got onto the topic to be honest haha.

maynegirl, don't be put of Brazilians have such a low percentage of this, you would have to be very unlucky to be in that 1%, other implants have higher risks of dropping out and cc, all implants have pros and cons but to me the most common thing to happen is cc so Brazilians have a very low risk of this, I am very happy with my choice of Brazilians, some surgeons like them and some don't, like with everything I spose.

I wasn't trying to put anyone off brazilians, I was just repeating what I was told yesterday by Dr Szalay himself haha. But yeah I still would prefer brazilians over textured but I guess it just comes down to what you feel most comfortable with and the trust you put in your surgeon that they will choose what is best for you :)

Dr Szalay doesn't do lifts, however if you get the implants now and still need a lift you can do that later. I can't believe you got in in 2 days- did he have a cancellation or something? Good luck, I'm planning on having mine done with him also :)

He didn't say I needed a lift but I was kinda expecting him to say I did. Jjgirl- no I don't think so just an empty spot, it was either that or wait till late novemeber/December and im too impatient to do that haha. It was great cos it didn't give me time to think about it or freak out. Im recovering amazingly well and no pain at all.