Sign in to follow this  
Purple dreams

BA with Hamish Farrow - Melbourne - 1 Nov 2013

Well yesterday was my BIG day! Was so nervous the day before. My beloved partner and mother drove me to Epworth Hospital for an 8.30am admission, after which we sat waiting until 10am before I got into my gown and booties, stockings etc and we said our goodbyes, I was given a few panadol at this point and taken into a room with other waiting pre-surgery patients where I got to sit with a nice hot blanket - but had to wait another hour or so on my own. Hamish Farrow came to me, knelt before me and drew on my chest with texta while keeping up light conversation and making me feel comfortable. After that, he said see you in theatre and I was alone a bit more before a few nurses came and went through some forms with me.

Hamish had said he was making sure the implants were ready - nerves kicking in now!!! I walked into theater and lay on the bed, where about 6 or 7 people milled around me, putting things around my arms, preparing my tubes, the anesthetist put my line in and said I will be feeling sleepy - as soon as he injected me I started to cough and taste a yucky poison in my mouth. I remember looking around at all the faces before my eyelids got heavy and I must have fallen asleep. Next thing I know I hear a distant voice and can feel myself being wheeled along, up in a lift and then getting pushed into a ward - i have the nice corner room with a window. My breasts didn't hurt at all, they just felt a little tight - no huge elephant on chest feeling for me. My eyelids were soo heavy and I had to fight to keep them open when my mum and partner came in and stroked my hands and spoke to me, I kept thinking wake up! They are leaving in 20 mins and you won't see them til the next morning - wake up! But I couldn't, i muttered a few words to them and kept dozing off. They left, mum put some pretty flowers on my bedside table, and I spent the afternoon dozing in and out of sleep and listening to the elderly people in the ward with me behind their curtains. I had a few plays on my phone, and had my blood pressure and temperature checked often. My boobs felt tight but no real pain and the only pain med I have been on has been 2 panadol every 4 to 5 hours!

I have to say the worst ordeal was the nausea and SPEWING. I spewed about 8 or 9 times all up and the only food I tried to eat all yesterday was a piece of toast, which came right back up. I just sipped water. I was given a few doses of anti nausea in my drip line but still felt gross and nausea until the early hours of the morning.

I barely slept at night, I woke up every hour, but i was happy cos I had BOOBS!!! I had no bra on until about 11pm that night when a nurse fitted me with a tubi top (no straps) and I slept in this. I kept playing on my phone through the night cos I couldn't sleep, and alternated between sitting up cross legged and laying on my back, even on my side a few times which felt ok. I watched tv at 7am and asked for more Panadol - which was due anyway, until breakfast was served at 8am and Hamish Farrow came in for a whole 60 seconds to have a feel of my boobs, said they are going to look wonderful and he was happy with them. A nurse had just fitted me into a surgical bra with straps (sports crop sorta top) which i have two of to wear non stop until I guess their advise next Thursday at my re-visit, Car ride home was easy, and I spent a few hours in the sun at mums house,

Now I am home and not sore or tired - I have been doing small things around the house and feeling quite comfortable.

Hamish said that it was a real job getting the implants in - maybe as they were a big size and also the furries (firm). He was surprised I was managing just fine on Panadol and when I said I have a burning incision he said oh sorry, that was me, lol. I'm glad he got them in though and it's sooo weird having BOOBS!! I used to wear sports crop tops and look totally flat - now I wear a sports crop and have big BOOBS! This is amazing!!!

Hope you liked my story and i will keep you all posted x

Congrats to you! Would you mind me asking your height/weight? As your implant size is similar to what I am getting. I had a consult last week and was told 465cc was the smallest size implant the surgeon would use for my measurements. I am 183cm tall and weigh 76kg and wanting a C cup, natural looking boobs nothing too big. The first surgeon I saw last week suggested 335-370cc implants but I am going with the second surgeon as I am more confident with what he says would suit me best but as I said just shocked about getting 465cc. Good luck with your recovery sounds like it is going very smoothly !

Yay! That's so awesome to hear that everything went well and smoothly for you babe, gosh how exciting and awesome for you!!!

You must be so stoked with your new boobies hehe!

All the best lovely

Hi chem! I am 164 cm and 69kg lean and muscly. I had a bwd of 14.5 cm so could fit bigger implants in nicely. Hope this helps.

Congrats to you! Would you mind me asking your height/weight? As your implant size is similar to what I am getting. I had a consult last week and was told 465cc was the smallest size implant the surgeon would use for my measurements. I am 183cm tall and weigh 76kg and wanting a C cup, natural looking boobs nothing too big. The first surgeon I saw last week suggested 335-370cc implants but I am going with the second surgeon as I am more confident with what he says would suit me best but as I said just shocked about getting 465cc. Good luck with your recovery sounds like it is going very smoothly !

Day 2 and barely any pain just tightness. Only on panadol. Took pana forte at night as a precaution. Today I did a slow 3km walk followed by 3 hours At the shops getting nails painted, having lunch, browsing kmart and then grocery shopping with my partner. Feeling great!!

Aw hamish twins!!! Yay!!! It was so so awful omg! I vommed like ten times lol
Sorry if you have posted about this already, but what is the quick-recovery technique that Dr Farrow uses? Your recovery sounds as though it has been a dream!