Sign in to follow this  
Melany

Has anyone heard of breast implants causing depression?

Hi ladies I haven't posted or been in this forum for many months now but I have had to come back to find out if anyone has experienced the same thing as me. I had my BA in March and am very happy with myresults and love my new breasts. However since June I have been battling pretty bad depression, actually pretty extreme depression at times. As much as I didnt want to I have had to surrender to anti depressants as I can't keep on going the way I am :(

I have been thinking and even a friend asked me the same thing - can implants cause depression? Could there be something in the implant to make me feel this way? I have googled it but haven't found anything it just seems strange that I developed this 3 months post op.

your thoughts or experiences would be very helpful.

TIA

I havent but what about all the drugs you take post op? They could have disrupted your stomach flora and brain chemistry..not sure that would be long lasting though..take some pro biotics and a good multi vitamin and be sure to support your body with a good diet. I hope you feel better soon.

If you read the anti implant stuff, they claim that silicone can cause almost anything.

I think it is far more likely that the emotional aspects of having them done have had more of an impact than you realised maybe?

Do you have a history of depression or have there been some significant thingsgoing on recently?

Depression can impact on both physical and mental health... however I dont think implants could in anyway physically cause depression. Perhaps if you were suffering mild depression before and it justy so happed to flare up at the same time you have gotten your boobs done, but being depressed is a mental thing which then leads to pysical signs..