We all know prevention is better than a cure. Here are five things anyone can do in their 20’s to help slow down the ageing process. Your future self will thank you.
- Slip slop slap: No its not just a slogan. Aside from the skin cancer risk, sun exposure is proven to be one of the fastest ways you can age your skin
- Quit smoking: A study on identical twins showed sun exposure and smoking can age a person 10 years or more. See for yourself!
- Sunscreen on your hands: SPF protection is in most make up and skin care products these days, however many still neglect the back of their hands. My mum always said you can tell a woman’s age by her hands.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking water will keep your skin moist, plump and softer which means less dryness. Hydrated skin is more resilient and less prone to wrinkling than dry skin.
- Ditch the anti-ageing products: Women in their 20’s and early 30’s don’t need anti-ageing products that have potent active ingredients in them because their skin is already metabolically active. Using such products can actually cause breakouts or skin irritation. Opt for skin care that is appropriate for your age and skin type. A good cleanser, toner and moisturiser are staple products for any young woman.