When does it get better?

hi ladies I'm 3 days post op and feeling miserable. it's not really my boobs that's painful but more my bruised body. it hurts to wear this tight compression bra. the meds make me feel in between drowsy and nauseous. and i just want to sleep on my sidee!

just wondering how long before you started feeling better?

It won't be much longer before you are feeling better. If you are more comfortable on your side, then sleep that way. Prop a pillow under your breast and as long as you're comfortable, you should be fine. Do you have any other meds that you can take? I was taking Tramadol and it made me feel blurgh, but stopped taking them and took panadine Forte and felt much better. Make sure you continue to ice the sore areas and breasts. Hard in winter I know (had my BAin May) but it really does help. Hang in there and you'll be feeling much better soon.x

Hi Jasminee

i am day 11 and completely understand how you are feeling. I was a bag of hunched over in pain misery and it was awful. Day 8 I was a lot chirpier and day 10 I felt nearly normal as a person.

It is so hard to go through, but trust that with each new day will cone tiny improvements. I felt I would never breathe properly ever again - you will get there slowly :)

I think we all underestimate the enormity of our operation and the recovery. All the best x

Oh Jasminee I totally get it.... 4 days post op for me and I've been in tears today! !! Still haven't gone to the loo either (5 days now aarrgghh... looking 6 Months preggers )

My left side feels like someone is slicing and stabbing my skin with a knife that's on fire (descriptive huh lol) still haven't seen the girls cos I have the bra and the stupid strap on! Just want to yell and punch things lol. Ice packs have become my best friend.

I hope the ladies are right, surely the crap parts don't last long and then we can all get the girls out to play xxoo

I'm thinking of you hun so are lots of others xxoo vent here anytime, it helps you but also helps other lovely ladies who may be feeling the same xxoo sending u hugs

thanks love x

how are you feeling today?

I've stopped taking the codeine and i think its helped alot. just the anti inflammatory is causing me to vomit sometimes. guess i need to eat more before i take it. but just not really having much of an appetite.

Definitely by two weeks you'll feel better. It's a truly miserable feeling, both mentally and physically. It took me til about three weeks to feel like I was on the "other side". I found at 4/5 weeks I woke up having been sleeping on my stomach, which is great!

I found the anti inflams were much better with the pain once the initial surgery pain eased up. The only thing I did find was that I started to get a burning feeling in my stomach after being on them for two weeks, which really sucks!

I can't wait for this part to be over either! 5 days post op and I've decided to switch to nurofen to see if it works better. I think what's bothering me the most is the bra and strap. It digs in and is making me itchy. I'm even wondering if I needed a 36 rather than a 34 it just feels so tight. I've been bad a taking it off from time to time as it makes me miserable. Maybe I'm just being soft!!

I'm day 3 po and omg the pain is ridiculous! And to add to it my skins decided it doesn't like my post op bra and I've got a rash all over one boob that's burning really badly ? I can't wait for this part to be over!!

oh that sounds terrible :( have you started wearing a different post op bra?

I can't wait for this part to be over either! 5 days post op and I've decided to switch to nurofen to see if it works better. I think what's bothering me the most is the bra and strap. It digs in and is making me itchy. I'm even wondering if I needed a 36 rather than a 34 it just feels so tight. I've been bad a taking it off from time to time as it makes me miserable. Maybe I'm just being soft!!

i really want to take mine off too! i think my bra must be too tight. the bra and strap is digging into my skin especially around my bruised and bloated belly which is causing me so much discomfort.