BEWARE - He has a special condition on his medical registration
I went to see Dr Adam Najem for surgery – Vaser liposuction and Brazilian Butt Lift - in August 2017 at his Illuminate Cosmetic Clinic.
I am now suffering depression since the lead up to wedding. My tummy is full of dents from the lipo he performed, and my shape is uneven plus there is absolutely no change to my bum, not bigger, nicer, plumper, nothing! All the fat that he put in has disappeared and my bum is the same. The lumps on my tummy show through my wedding dress. So much pain for nothing and I'm so depressed.
I went to Dr Najem originally because his website had information that stated he had 10 years' experience and he was an expert in the field. See the screenshot below. This claim of 10 years experience has now been removed from his website since I wrote my initial review.
When my partner did some research on Dr Najem to find out what experience he had, he found nothing online, apart from Dr Najem's own claims on his own websites. I can’t find anything other than his website to say he ever performed a Brazilian butt lift before he opened his clinic .
I have now found out that the medical board has put a restriction on his registration in the interest of public safety. (See below) THE MEDICAL BOARD WON’T LET HIM DO ANY BBL SURGERY!!
Plus the only qualification he has is a medical degree from Saddam Hussein University in Iraq (See below ).
I wish I knew about all this before!
I might have been ok accepting I did not get the results I was after, but these bad results aren’t anything like what Dr Najem told me to expect from having the surgery done by him, has just made me so depressed. The whole experience has really made me question whether I should have put so much trust in doctors and respect, and what if I cannot bring myself to trust a doctor now? l hate that I feel like all that has been lost.
I hope something will be done soon to stop him doing liposuction as well as BBL’s, all I can do is try and get word out, so please let this review of Dr Adam Najem serve as a warning!
After the operation! went to see Dr Adam and explain how disappointed I was, he just kept telling me to go away and wait and that everything would settle (that didn't happen). He blamed me for the poor results, which made me so depressed.
His wife Tanya , who he said was a nurse, who carried out my massage after the operation , said that was my fault for deciding to go ahead (a very big attitude change to how lovely she was before I had my surgery).
He was so rough during my surgery. I was in a lot of pain during the surgery and remember him ****** at me. He says you will be comfortable and won't feel any pain. My partner was there when I came out and said I looked like a ghost after the surgery. I was in so much pain after my treatment. During the surgery it was just him and one nurse, that's all. I was so scared that if anything went wrong it was just the two of them couldn't do anything.
The whole experience was terrifying but the result and the depression after the operation was even worse.
To make matters worse, he posted my before and after photos on his lnstagram page, without my permission, and didn't blur out or cover my tattoos, leaving me clearly identifiable.
I know this is a very long review of Dr Adam Najem, but I want to make sure that I do as much as I can to get the word out and stop other women (or men) from making the same mistakes I did. It's very hard to know all this about Dr Najem without doing very thorough research, as I said, if you go off his own website or look at his social media , you would believe he was an experienced and qualified doctor, and why wouldn't you doubt him, after all we are supposed to trust doctors right?
This was a $10,000 surgery, and now it's been quoted another $20,000 from another doctor to flx.

10 years claim.jpg

screencapture-ahpra-gov-au-Registration-Registers-of-Practitioners-aspx-2019-04-05-00_15_55.png

• 3 weeks later...

I am a previous patient of Dr Adam and I had the complete opposite experience.

I had Vaser liposuction done and I could not be more happy with the results! Of course, I have some slight scarring but I had my procedure only 8 weeks ago and im still healing.

The team at Dr Najem went above and beyond to make me feel so comfortable and answered all of my questions and concerns. I felt like I was in good hands. I had all of the risks of surgery explained to me in which they highlighted that results and my final outcome would be dependent on what was achievable in surgery with my body type. They can never give you 100% accuracy as to what result you're going to get when you go into a cosmetic procedure or plastic surgery no doctor in the world can do that???

Anyways, couldn't be happier with my results personally!

• 10 months later...

Does anyone have any more neutral experiences about Dr Najem? There is one very detailed warning with proof Dr Najem a cowboy and then two "patients" who have replied with positive reviews that look thinly veiled. They're not even contesting the original claims the poster made which doesn't make him look anymore credible.. if not worse.

• 1 month later...

I had a lipo 360 and fat transfer to buttocks with Dr Najem.
My experience was terrible.
Firstly I didn’t want a bbl but I apparently ended up with one, which I specifically asked him not to do. I wanted some subtle enhancement of my bottocks only hip dips and slight volume and shaping of my waist and hips with lipo. I believe that there was far too much fat taken from my stomach and this has left me with empty sagging skin where there was firm smooth skin before. Not to mention i feel like my inner thighs look like shark bites.

My stomach was squished and deformed looking from day 1, in my opinion. I was told to wait and it would “settle”. It never did. The swelling was tidal, in and out, up and down for WEEKS.

I now have a big bum I never wanted and a wrinkly lumpy stomach.

I am devastated and had to have two revision surgeries (so far) and countless PRP injections to break up fibrous scar tissue from the canular. I need fat transfer back into my stomach which is lumpy and disfigured looking and has not taken fat grafting well so far. The stripped fat my stomach and is likely irreversible.
Next, we will reversing the bbl itself which is just embarrassing for me to “wear” and difficult to dress. I’m not interested in this trend for a big bottom. My consultation was long and in depth about shaping waist in and only subtle enhancements.
Do would not have surgery of any kind with this dr