Sign in to follow this  

anxious flyer

It just occured to me ive been so distracted with booking my BA in Thailand that i'm the worst flyer ever and generally id have a few drinks or take something to calm my anxiety attacks...but knowing you pretty much cant take or drink anything before surgery does anyone have any suggestions to get me through the 7 hour flight?? EEEEKK

Aww hun, I know how you feel. I always get anxious flying. Are you allowed to take Valium? That will calm your nerves.. Maybe even make you a bit sleepy.

You could send your surgeon an email and ask if its okay to take it prior to surgery. I've read on here a few girls get given it on the day of their surgery to calm their nerves.

Otherwise, I alway have my iPod which calms me a little bit, that plus closing my eyes and trying to pretend I'm not on a plane haha. I am the worst flyer.

Good luck hun!

Me too.. I HATE flying. Dont even take my seatbelt off (like thats going to make much difference!)

I just think logically about it- how many people fly around the world everyday and how often is there any major drama- very rarely!! Hundreds of thousand of people get on and off planes everyday- just chant "all will be well"

Or take valium.

Good luck!

thanks girlies!! Good to know im not the only one...im sure i can suck it up on the way there but I emailed my surgeon about it anyway and also asked about if he prescribes/provides something before surgery ive read some drs give vallum before hand which would be great to calm my nerves..dont do good with hospitals, needles, planes, spiders oh the list just goes on im a giant chicken

I really hate flying too, when I went to Bali on November I had a bit of a panic attack and it wast nice! On the way back I used my hypnosis for anxiety that i have on my phone and it was great, also watching a movie helped too

How long before your surgery do you arrive (as in days)? Because I was allowed to drink up to 48hours before my surgery (I know it changes for each Doctor). But I think it'd be less stressful on your body to have a couple of drinks rather than a panic attack!!

Who are you flying with? Watching the movies is always great and distracting, especially when you can choose what to watch.

I am lucky in the fact that I LOVE flying. Dont know why. I think it honestly may be the food in little compartments.. weird but true!

im flying Thai airways only direct flight i could get from perth... anything has got to be better then air asia possibly the worst airline in the world! I used to love flying its so strange the more i fly the more i get freaked out??? i get really bad vertigowhen i fly so doesnt help.... I arrive on the 9th June and booked in for the 11th